Better performance with W7 over XP SP3 with my old ATI Radeon 4870 video card?

Old May 29th 13, 12:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Default Better performance with W7 over XP SP3 with my old ATI Radeon 4870 video card?

Hello.

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=...1&cid=43844741

Is it true that I will get better performance, especially with computer
games, with my old ATI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB) on my quad core
i7 950 system?

Thank you in advance.
--
Quote of the Week: "An ant is a wise creature for itself, but it is a
shrewd thing in an orchard or garden." --Francis Bacon
Old May 30th 13, 03:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

I used to play Trainz, and on Win 7 (32 bit) it was smooth but on XP it
wasn't.
--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.
Old June 1st 13, 03:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 5/29/2013 7:33 PM PT, Ed Light typed:

I used to play Trainz, and on Win 7 (32 bit) it was smooth but on XP it
wasn't.

Which one? http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/trainz-games -- Was yours
very old?
--
"I used to command a battalion of German ants." --Tom
| |o o| |