Aliens Vs Predator GE & Geforce4 MX 440

Old July 13th 03, 03:02 PM
Jaymeister

Default Aliens Vs Predator GE & Geforce4 MX 440

Hi,

Does anyone know of a fix for the following problem :

When I try to run AVP I just get a black screen and the computer stops
responding.
I have found that if I set my desktop to 640x480 (16 bit) the game will run
but only at that resolution.
If I try run the game in any other desktop resolution or colour depth the
game won't run (black screen).
If I try to change the in-game video resolution to anything other than
640x480 (16 bit) the game won't run (black screen when starting game).

My system is as follows :

Pentium 3 1GHz
Jetway 694AS Motherboard (latest Via Hyperion drivers)
PNY Geforce4 MX440 AGP (latest 44.03 drivers)
Creative SB Live Value
Windows ME (all updates installed)
Direct X 9.0a

This is the only game I appear to have any problems with and controversially
I prefer this to AVP 2 which incidently, runs just fine and dandy :-)

Thanks in advance.

Jamie.