master restore CD/DVD

Old January 22nd 06, 06:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Default master restore CD/DVD

Just bought in UK a new Pentium 4 P Bell, and have made a Master Restore or
Recovery CD. My old 'puter, not P Bell, had full restore CDs. It seems
I can only make one set for a P Bell. Can I copy the set of 4 CDs (onto a
DVD or other CDs) safely. Are there problems? How do I check that the
Master CDs are OK?
Sorry if this is a brainless thing to ask. How do I search for and read
past articles for this newsgroup. Recent posts are of high quality which
is very encouraging.

Derek Wealleans.

Old January 23rd 06, 02:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

I've been after the master CD's for my Optiplex for ages but can't find them
(

As far as viewing older posts, these (yuck) can be viewed either via Google;

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...ne.packardbell

.... or if your news reader supports it, by purging them re-downloading the
headers ...

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Old January 23rd 06, 04:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

As the other poster pointed out, you can get old posts from Google and they
archive over years. Readfreenews archives several months, much longer than
my ISP. Their server name is: news.readfreenews.net. To subscribe to this
group, once you are subscribed to a newsgroup server, click on the following
link: