dell customer support

Old January 3rd 04, 02:01 AM
stephen pearce

Default dell customer support

Is this typical of Dell customer support?
(Small) Order due for dispatch 23 dec

emailed customer support 30 dec after checking their tracking system
to find out why it has not been sent

Their reply is to phone them up on another number they enumerate ..
(my past experience of this is about a 20 minute delay to speak to a
human after fighting your way thru their automatic answering system
Then get an operator with English as their 2nd language who is
charmingly unhelpful)

Email them back asking that THEY do the contacting internally and sort
it out
and get back to me rather than expecting me to chase up their internal
problem

Email reply is politely to refuse.

If THIS is indicative of Dell customer support I plan to dedicate
myself to
anti-endorsement of their products in the future!
Old January 3rd 04, 03:25 AM
Dan Sgambelluri

What happens when Gateway, HP/Compaq, IBM and all the other PC brands does
the same thing?

om...

Old January 3rd 04, 03:52 AM
Keith S.

Build you own computer.

Regardless of the price difference, you will never put yourself on hold or
have to wait to talk to yourself.

Old January 3rd 04, 03:03 PM
Keith S.

Yes

But its fun.

And I'd be happy to offer advice - did my first one last year- learned a
lot - and it can be empowering.

Old January 3rd 04, 10:54 PM
Irene

Unfortunately, this is, based on personal experience, very typical. Our
experience with Dell's order tracking page has been substantially less than
satisfactory. I have related our experience to this group enough times to be
labeled "anti-Dell".
To put it very briefly, I have yet to have the Dell tracking information
provide accurate data and that is based on four purchases over more than a
three year period.