Canon LiDE 25 & LiDE 70

Old April 22nd 07, 06:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Talal Itani

Default Canon LiDE 25 & LiDE 70

My old HP scanner finally quit all the way. So I went to Newegg, and I
found two really inexpensive scanners: Canon LiDE 25 is for $44.77, Canon
LiDE 70 is for $89.88. I will not be scanning any photographs, since I have
a digital camera. Yet every once in a while I scan a document. These Canon
scanners seem to have good reviews. Yet I am wondering, why are they so
inexpensive? What do I lose? Thank you.

Talal Itani

Old April 22nd 07, 08:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Cari

Standalone scanners have come down in price because so many folks have
switched to All in One printers. Personally I prefer the standalones and
have had no problems with my LiDE80.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old April 22nd 07, 08:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Deke

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:15:14 GMT, "Talal Itani"
wrote:

My old HP scanner finally quit all the way. So I went to Newegg, and I
found two really inexpensive scanners: Canon LiDE 25 is for $44.77, Canon
LiDE 70 is for $89.88. I will not be scanning any photographs, since I have
a digital camera. Yet every once in a while I scan a document. These Canon
scanners seem to have good reviews. Yet I am wondering, why are they so
inexpensive? What do I lose? Thank you.

Talal Itani

Pay a little more and shorten the time of making a scan.

Old April 24th 07, 01:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
[email protected]

On Apr 23, 3:15 am, "Talal Itani" wrote:
My old HP scanner finally quit all the way. So I went to Newegg, and I
found two really inexpensive scanners: Canon LiDE 25 is for $44.77, Canon
LiDE 70 is for $89.88. I will not be scanning any photographs, since I have
a digital camera. Yet every once in a while I scan a document. These Canon
scanners seem to have good reviews. Yet I am wondering, why are they so
inexpensive? What do I lose? Thank you.

Talal Itani

The only problem with LiDE's is that by nature they have very limited
depth of field, and are pretty much useless for scanning anything
other than flat paper. If you want to scan jewelry or other small 3d
objects, get another type of scanner.

Old April 24th 07, 01:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Talal Itani

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 23, 3:15 am, "Talal Itani" wrote:
My old HP scanner finally quit all the way. So I went to Newegg, and I
found two really inexpensive scanners: Canon LiDE 25 is for $44.77,
Canon
LiDE 70 is for $89.88. I will not be scanning any photographs, since I
have
a digital camera. Yet every once in a while I scan a document. These
Canon
scanners seem to have good reviews. Yet I am wondering, why are they so
inexpensive? What do I lose? Thank you.

Talal Itani

The only problem with LiDE's is that by nature they have very limited
depth of field, and are pretty much useless for scanning anything
other than flat paper. If you want to scan jewelry or other small 3d
objects, get another type of scanner.

I will only scan black and white text documents. Even with that I am
worried, $44.77 is an amazing price for a scanner. By the way, can jewelry
be scanned with a scanner?

Old April 24th 07, 07:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
CSM1

"Talal Itani" wrote in message
newsDmXh.9830$no.4774@trnddc02...

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Absolutely, if the scanner's sensor is a CCD type.
Just look at jewelry on Ebay.

A lot of the jewelry is from a scanner. Some are from a digital camera.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Old April 24th 07, 08:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
Talal Itani

"CSM1" wrote in message
"Talal Itani" wrote in message
newsDmXh.9830$no.4774@trnddc02...

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

This is very interesting. If the jewelry is flat, like a coin, I can see
how it can be scanned. But, what about rings, bracelets, can they also be
scanned with a flatbed?

Old April 25th 07, 12:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners
CSM1

"CSM1" wrote in message
"Talal Itani" wrote in message
newsDmXh.9830$no.4774@trnddc02...

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yes, them too.

A CCD sensor had a fair amount of Depth of Field, and focuses up to about an
inch of so from the top of the Platen.

How far the focus extends is specific to the scanner.
My Canon Canoscan 8400F goes to about 1/2 inch above the platen.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Canon LiDE 25 software Scanners 8 November 9th 06 06:44 PM
Canon LiDE 80 Nanashi Nogombe Scanners 2 October 24th 05 01:11 PM
Canon liDE 35 vs liDE 50 geebee6 Scanners 0 September 26th 04 12:34 PM
Canon liDE 35 vs liDE 50 geebee6 Scanners 0 September 26th 04 11:46 AM
Canon LiDE 80 Alan Sutton Scanners 2 February 6th 04 02:00 PM