Western Digital: Difference between -RTL series and other

Old February 18th 04, 01:52 AM
Danzig Glenn

Default Western Digital: Difference between -RTL series and other

Hello to all!
I have seen that there are out new hd from western digital with the same
model's name but with added "-RTL" or "-RTL2"...i have tryed to find
information or rewievs about them but...nothing...
....Someone know what are the differences?(in the mechanical part...in
prestation or whatother)

Thanks much
Greetings!

Old February 18th 04, 09:32 PM
Rod Speed

Danzig Glenn wrote in message news:c10b92c89b8cc9df876e30b536630665.74207@mygate .mailgate.org...

Hello to all!

all died, got too many posts addressed to him.

I have seen that there are out new hd from western digital with
the same model's name but with added "-RTL" or "-RTL2"...

Thats just what WD does with their retail drives.

The opposite of oem drives.

i have tryed to find information or rewievs about them but...nothing...

...Someone know what are the differences?
(in the mechanical part...in prestation or whatother)

They're just the retail drives you can buy direct from WD.

Old February 19th 04, 04:28 AM
Danzig Glenn

I have seen that there are out new hd from western digital with
the same model's name but with added "-RTL" or "-RTL2"...

Thats just what WD does with their retail drives.

The opposite of oem drives.

I have a suspect of this..but the -rtl2 cost 'bout 20euro (litte less
for 60gb drives, and 35e for the 250gb)
more than not rtl... for a package and a paper of instruction they want
20euro more? or they put utilities or whater in it ?

i have tryed to find information or rewievs about them but...nothing...

...Someone know what are the differences?
(in the mechanical part...in prestation or whatother)

They're just the retail drives you can buy direct from WD.

I have found all in the catalogue of a single tedusch online-store..

Thanks and greetings!

Old February 19th 04, 04:51 AM
Rod Speed

Danzig Glenn wrote in message news:93927a75590c487332e1320190fd1692.74207@mygate .mailgate.org...

I have seen that there are out new hd from western digital with
the same model's name but with added "-RTL" or "-RTL2"...

Thats just what WD does with their retail drives.

The opposite of oem drives.

I have a suspect of this..but the -rtl2 cost 'bout 20euro
(litte less for 60gb drives, and 35e for the 250gb)
more than not rtl... for a package and a paper of instruction
they want 20euro more? or they put utilities or whater in it ?

More that what's flogged like that isnt as aggressively discounted.

i have tryed to find information or rewievs about them but...nothing...

...Someone know what are the differences?
(in the mechanical part...in prestation or whatother)

They're just the retail drives you can buy direct from WD.

I have found all in the catalogue of a single tedusch online-store..

tedusch ?

Yeah, could have said that better. The retail
versions are also just more than just bare drives.