Combining audio and data cd with nero

Old September 18th 03, 02:18 PM
Terry

Default Combining audio and data cd with nero

Hi, I'm using Nero 5.5 and trying to put a combination of audio tracks and
data onto a cd. I know I can create a mixed mode cd to do this, but this
seems to put the data track first, which I'd rather avoid. Is there some
way that the data track can be put after the audio tracks, and if possible
so the data track doesn't show up when the cd is used in an audio cd player?

Thanks in advance.

Old September 18th 03, 02:28 PM
GigaSurfer

"Terry" wrote in message
news
Hi, I'm using Nero 5.5 and trying to put a combination of audio tracks and
data onto a cd. I know I can create a mixed mode cd to do this, but this
seems to put the data track first, which I'd rather avoid. Is there some
way that the data track can be put after the audio tracks, and if possible
so the data track doesn't show up when the cd is used in an audio cd

player?

This is easy.
Just make a CD Extra.

Old September 19th 03, 01:36 PM
James Perrett

GigaSurfer wrote:

"Terry" wrote in message
news
Hi, I'm using Nero 5.5 and trying to put a combination of audio tracks and
data onto a cd. I know I can create a mixed mode cd to do this, but this
seems to put the data track first, which I'd rather avoid. Is there some
way that the data track can be put after the audio tracks, and if possible
so the data track doesn't show up when the cd is used in an audio cd

player?

This is easy.
Just make a CD Extra.

Nero's CD Extra option seems to impose a fixed directory structure on
you. I've also found no way of adding a data session to an already
recorded audio session with Nero. This is easy to do with WinOnCD and
EZCD Creator. I'd be interested to know if anyone has a foolproof and
flexible method of achieving the same thing with Nero.

Cheers.

James.
Old September 19th 03, 08:03 PM
smh

James Perrett wrote:
GigaSurfer wrote:
"Terry" wrote...

Hi, I'm using Nero 5.5 and trying to put a combination of audio tracks and
data onto a cd. I know I can create a mixed mode cd to do this, but this
seems to put the data track first, which I'd rather avoid. Is there some
way that the data track can be put after the audio tracks, and if possible
so the data track doesn't show up when the cd is used in an audio cd
player?

This is easy.
Just make a CD Extra.

Nero's CD Extra option seems to impose a fixed directory structure on
you. I've also found no way of adding a data session to an already
recorded audio session with Nero. This is easy to do with WinOnCD and
EZCD Creator. I'd be interested to know if anyone has a foolproof and
flexible method of achieving the same thing with Nero.

Simply adding data to an audio session, commonly called Enhanced CD, was
the Nero's old way of making CD Extra (before Ahead licensed it from
Philips). The step by step procedure to make it was explained in the
old Nero Help (when Nero did not have the CD Extra icon).

Which version of Easy Coaster Creator are you using?

====================
From: steven
Subject: EZCD 5.02b Enhanced CD mode
Date: 8/29/01

I have created many enhanced CDs this way using version 4
so I don't think it's me.

It seems that version 5's enhanced CD mode doesn't work,
and it won't let you add sessions to an audio CD, so
if I want to create an enhanced CD I'm stuffed!
====================

Why couldn't Easy Coaster Creator 5.02b make an Enhanced CD?

====================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
====================================

======================
From: Mike Richter (King Troll)
Date: 8/28/01

There is no Enhanced CD Mode
- so, no, people have not used it.
======================

Wonder what's this "Enhanced CD" doing here then?

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxi...n_history.html

... When creating an Enhanced CD ...
... while burning an Enhanced CD ...

The above Mikey's statement is the fruit of ITS so-called "research":

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Mixed Modes - and similar
Date: 5/30/01

After doing the research, I have prepared a page on the combination
modes and posted it in the primer at my site. Though one expert has
reviewed it, I look forward to comments from anyone with experience.
======================

So much for the Mikey's so-called "research" and
so much for the so-called "expert" who reviewed it.

[ Any chance to reveal the identity of this so-called "expert?" ]

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------
Old September 19th 03, 08:06 PM
Wombat

I've done it as follows:

Record (burn) audio portion DAO, leave open.
Record data portion TAO, close.

Art Rosenberg

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:36:52 +0100, James Perrett
wrote:

GigaSurfer wrote:

news

Old September 20th 03, 01:38 AM
Tim Kroesen

Usenet Abuse - Continuing Stalking, Harassment, Libel and SPAMMING via
repetitive posting of the same material Thousands of times.

Additional references to portals that have recently banned this
psychotic for Stalking, Harassment and SPAM should you require
additional
information.

From: smh
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Subject: Combining audio and data cd with nero

From: Mike Richter (King Troll)
Date: 8/28/01

There is no Enhanced CD Mode
- so, no, people have not used it.
======================

Old September 20th 03, 06:23 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

Got no time to respond to this, Timmy?
Feeling no pain, Timmy?

=======================
From: Mike DHaire
Subject: Easy CD Creator's Timestamp Problem on Windows 2000/XP
Date: 3/29/03

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

I'd assume other issues take precedence;
not much of a bug IMO anyway...

How 'bout I nab your penis and smash it with a hammer, mother****er!
LOL !!! LOL !!! LOL !!!
=======================

====================
From: steven
Date: 8/29/01

I have created many enhanced CDs this way using version 4
so I don't think it's me.

It seems that version 5's enhanced CD mode doesn't work,
and it won't let you add sessions to an audio CD, so
if I want to create an enhanced CD I'm stuffed!

Why couldn't Easy Coaster Creator 5 make an Enhanced CD?

From: Mike Richter (King Troll)
Date: 8/28/01

There is no Enhanced CD Mode
- so, no, people have not used it.