Audio shifting problem w/ Nero 5.5 & SW-248B Burner

Old September 2nd 03, 01:37 PM
joogle

Default Audio shifting problem w/ Nero 5.5 & SW-248B Burner

Any help on this much appreciated. It has been reported on boards
before, but no-one seems to have found an answer.

Here's a description of the problem copied from another post:

"The audio on the CD-R is shifted by about 1/2 a song, meaning track 1
starts in the middle of song 1 and contains part of song 2, track 2
starts in the middle of song 2 and contains part of song 3, up to the
last track, which contains the last half or so of the last song,
followed by silence. Again, like the audio was shifted off of the
front of the CD relative to the track indexing. Pretty weird. The CD
Text itself does not seem to be recognized either (e.g. in WinAmp).

All things being equal, if I disable writing of CD Text, the problem
goes away. I've also tried writing a disk image to the Image
Recorder, with and without CD Text enabled, and burning the resulting
disk image. The one with CD Text enabled still has the problem."

The problem seems specific to the Samsung SW-248B writer. Some report
the problem with Nero, some also with Feurio. I have Nero 5.5
installed, with Windows 2000.

Has anyone got a solution, or any advice?

Many thanks in advance.
Old September 3rd 03, 10:01 AM
joogle

Many thanks - I will try that, although if anyone out there does know
a Nero specific fix it would be appreciated.

"XPG" wrote in message ...
Any help on this much appreciated. It has been reported on boards
before, but no-one seems to have found an answer.

There were some messages about the problem in this group some time ago.

The CD
Text itself does not seem to be recognized either (e.g. in WinAmp).

Winamp doesn't read CD-Text.
Use the CD-Text (near the "Device" selection) button in Feurio to see if
there's CD-Text.

The problem seems specific to the Samsung SW-248B writer. Some report
the problem with Nero, some also with Feurio. I have Nero 5.5
installed, with Windows 2000.
Has anyone got a solution, or any advice?

Try Feurio.
Some people were able to correct the problem with this.

There are several version you can try with this burner.
Feurio 1.66 already supported that burner.
The 1.66.5 driver update announced some fixes for that burner, so I
recommend this.
http://www.feurio.com/English/Downlo...erupdate.shtml

And the 1.66.3Beta update brings new fixes for the drive. The problem is
that you need to be registered to use the beta versions.

Old September 3rd 03, 02:59 PM
XPG

Many thanks - I will try that, although if anyone out there does know
a Nero specific fix it would be appreciated.

Have you reported the problem to Ahead?
They won't care about bug fixing if you don't complain.

The only specific fix you could try is updating to the last version of Nero
and see if they fixed it.
Be careful, because the latest versions bring new bugs.

Old September 9th 03, 11:09 AM
Sergei

You can get CDDA CD-Text using MIIK's "CD-Text Reader". It's available
at www.cdtextreader.miik.com.ua

Sergei