pc won't start up please help

Old August 17th 04, 03:37 PM
.·°^°·.+Nick S+.·°^°·.

Default pc won't start up please help

ok, I've opened the case , and the case fan, ( not the processor fan) isn't
spinning ....could this be the prob - IE - the pc thinks it's not working
and shuts down ?

Old August 17th 04, 03:37 PM
.·°^°·.+Nick S+.·°^°·.

Old August 17th 04, 05:17 PM
ToolPackinMama

power supply?
Old August 17th 04, 07:12 PM
.·°^°·.+Nick S+.·°^°·.

yeah, could well be....

Old August 18th 04, 04:08 AM
Jim Wilson

I seriously doubt that it's the case fans that are causing your system
to not start up. FWIW... I have four systems at the house and not one
of them has a case fan installed and running. I am not aware of a
system (most likely a BIOS function) that prevents booting due to a
case fan not hooked up. Many have BIOS function that shuts down a
system if the cpu fan is not funtioning or the heat reaches a specific
temperature.

You would need to give us more info in order to get a better idea what
your situation is.

1. What happens when you attempt to start your system? What do you see
or hear?
2. Do you hear a beep or a series of beeps?
3. Did you recently perform ANY software or hardward upgrades?
4. Is is possible that you system got an electrical spike?
5. Have you replaced the battery on the motherboard? (It may have gone
bad)
6. Have you checked for any loose cables?
7. Did you recently attempt to flash the BIOS?

Suggestions:

1. Reseat the AGP video card.

try to start system

2. Reseat the ram.

try to start system

3. Take a close look at the motherboard to see if it is being shorted
out by any of the screws. (holding it to the case)

4. If there is any dust on the inside of the case... blow it out.

5. Replace the battery. (very inexpensive.... buck or two)

6. Swap out the power supply if you have another one handy.

Post back and let us know of your progress. Good luck!

Old August 22nd 04, 05:23 PM

will do , and thankyou

Computer Shutdown and Start itself!! Jeremy Leung General 1 December 10th 04 05:16 PM
corrupted partition table - help needed! Justin Case General 0 August 3rd 04 09:22 AM
Old PC Occasionally Won't Start, Doesn't Power Down all the time mr x General 6 February 26th 04 04:50 AM
Replaced bad motherboard XP will not start B Overclocking AMD Processors 5 December 19th 03 01:17 PM
Help - computer fails to start JAD Homebuilt PC's 2 August 22nd 03 08:50 AM