SIAP: Dell offering XP again......

Old April 20th 07, 11:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

Default SIAP: Dell offering XP again......

.....finally a public acknowledgement. Still only a partial offering, but
I've seen it on some home systems I'd want......

Google search results:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...ncl=1115536085

Stew

Old April 20th 07, 01:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Nota Clu

Default Dell offering XP again......

Too late for me. My Digital Storm XP equipped box should arrive Tuesday.

Old April 20th 07, 03:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

Nota Clu wrote:

Too late for me. My Digital Storm XP equipped box should arrive Tuesday.

I got an XP Inspiron 9400 (future replacement desktop, now that this win95
machine is showing signs of impending flakiness) a month ago, but I guess from
Small Business, which went back to XP a while ago.

I don't understand the presence of a Home and a Small Business division both.
Do they compete? I don't see the advantage.

I take it this announcement is for the Home division.

I just buy from either one.

--
Ron Hardin

Old April 20th 07, 05:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Colin Wilson

I take it this announcement is for the Home division.
I just buy from either one.

Sadly their announcement seems a little lost on the UK website -
they're still not offering XP on the vast majority of machines
(nothing in the "home" side, and only about 2 on the small business
side IIRC)
Old April 20th 07, 06:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
HDRDTD

I don't think the web sites have been updated yet. From what I justread
somewhere, they were going to re-install XP as an option on the 'Home' side,
and then it will be 4 insipron laptops (I don't recell the models) as well
as the Dimension E520 and E521.

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message t...

Old April 20th 07, 10:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Doug Jacobs

hdrdtd wrote:
I don't think the web sites have been updated yet. From what I justread
somewhere, they were going to re-install XP as an option on the 'Home' side,
and then it will be 4 insipron laptops (I don't recell the models) as well
as the Dimension E520 and E521.

I looked at the Home Dimension E520/E521 models, and they still only
offered Vista. I didn't go with Dell after they told me in no uncertain
terms that it was possible to get XP at all, so they lost one sale
already. If they can get their website's act together, maybe I'll buy a
system for my wife.

--
Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98