SLI Does Not Work With Vista?

Old April 10th 07, 02:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Nota Clu

Default SLI Does Not Work With Vista?

Was reading a Maximum PC review of a rig with dual cards (Nvidia) in SLI
configuration and thought they said SLI does not work with Vista yet.
Anyone confirm?

Old April 10th 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Molly

On Apr 10, 9:55 am, "Nota Clu" wrote:
Was reading a Maximum PC review of a rig with dual cards (Nvidia) in SLI
configuration and thought they said SLI does not work with Vista yet.
Anyone confirm?

It is a problem yet. I was reading about it on the Dell's forum.

Old April 10th 07, 11:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Molly" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 10, 9:55 am, "Nota Clu" wrote:
Was reading a Maximum PC review of a rig with dual cards (Nvidia) in SLI
configuration and thought they said SLI does not work with Vista yet.
Anyone confirm?

It is a problem yet. I was reading about it on the Dell's forum.

Blame nVidia. They only had 5 years to get the drivers done.

Old April 11th 07, 01:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Nota Clu

"Tom Scales" wrote in message

"Molly" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 10, 9:55 am, "Nota Clu" wrote:
Was reading a Maximum PC review of a rig with dual cards (Nvidia) in SLI
configuration and thought they said SLI does not work with Vista yet.
Anyone confirm?

It is a problem yet. I was reading about it on the Dell's forum.

Blame nVidia. They only had 5 years to get the drivers done.

I'm not looking to blame anyone. Just trying to confirm Vista's suckiness.
I really am disappointed with MS. THEY had 5 years and many delays and
Vista is the most problematic OS ever released - worse than ME! Have you
ever seen an OS release where every reviewer says wait a year until SP1?

Old April 11th 07, 02:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Nota Clu" wrote in message

"Tom Scales" wrote in message

"Molly" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 10, 9:55 am, "Nota Clu" wrote:
Was reading a Maximum PC review of a rig with dual cards (Nvidia) in
SLI
configuration and thought they said SLI does not work with Vista yet.
Anyone confirm?

It is a problem yet. I was reading about it on the Dell's forum.

Blame nVidia. They only had 5 years to get the drivers done.

I'm not looking to blame anyone. Just trying to confirm Vista's
suckiness. I really am disappointed with MS. THEY had 5 years and many
delays and Vista is the most problematic OS ever released - worse than ME!
Have you ever seen an OS release where every reviewer says wait a year
until SP1?

This has absolutely nothing to do with Microsoft. Device drivers are
written by the card/chip manufacturer, in this case nVidia. The specs for
drivers were released, as I recall, in 2002 with the first betas in early
2003 or thereabouts.

Blame nVidia

Old April 12th 07, 12:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dave

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:20:03 GMT, "Nota Clu"
wrote:

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
. ..

"Molly" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 10, 9:55 am, "Nota Clu" wrote:
Was reading a Maximum PC review of a rig with dual cards (Nvidia) in SLI
configuration and thought they said SLI does not work with Vista yet.
Anyone confirm?

It is a problem yet. I was reading about it on the Dell's forum.

Blame nVidia. They only had 5 years to get the drivers done.

I'm not looking to blame anyone. Just trying to confirm Vista's suckiness.
I really am disappointed with MS. THEY had 5 years and many delays and
Vista is the most problematic OS ever released - worse than ME! Have you
ever seen an OS release where every reviewer says wait a year until SP1?

I'm glad you're not looking to place any blame!
Old April 12th 07, 12:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:20:03 GMT, "Nota Clu"
wrote:

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
.. .

"Molly" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 10, 9:55 am, "Nota Clu" wrote:
Was reading a Maximum PC review of a rig with dual cards (Nvidia) in
SLI
configuration and thought they said SLI does not work with Vista yet.
Anyone confirm?

It is a problem yet. I was reading about it on the Dell's forum.

Blame nVidia. They only had 5 years to get the drivers done.

I'm not looking to blame anyone. Just trying to confirm Vista's
suckiness.
I really am disappointed with MS. THEY had 5 years and many delays and
Vista is the most problematic OS ever released - worse than ME! Have you
ever seen an OS release where every reviewer says wait a year until SP1?

I'm glad you're not looking to place any blame!

Blaming MS for nVidia's driver problems is blaming Toyota for rising gas
prices. Blame the greedy oil companies!