HP deskjet 895cxi - Chinese characters

Old August 16th 03, 04:10 AM
Ada

Default HP deskjet 895cxi - Chinese characters

Hi all,

I have a HP deskjet 895cxi printer. Does the printer supports Chinese
character printing? If yes, how? Please advise. Thanks.

Ada
Old August 20th 03, 04:48 AM
Daryl

On 18 Aug 2003 02:01:13 -0700, (Ada) wrote:

Daryl wrote in message . ..
On 15 Aug 2003 20:10:11 -0700,
(Ada) wrote:

Hi all,

I have a HP deskjet 895cxi printer. Does the printer supports Chinese
character printing? If yes, how? Please advise. Thanks.

Ada

Hi Ada,
I have the HP890C, which is quite similar. I can print Chinese easily, without
any special setup.

I think pretty much any inkjet or laser printer can do this from Windows 2000 or
XP; I think Windows handles it for you. I have Windows 2000, which comes with
Chinese character set built in. You just have to enable it. Then whatever I
write in Chinese in either Word or Outlook Express (or whatever) prints
correctly.

Daryl

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for your reply. How about on Unix? My HP printer (hp deskjet
895cxi) is connected to the network. A print queue is created on Unix
server for the printer. The printer works fine for English characters
printing, but it prints strange symbols for Chinese characters. Does
the printer supports Chinese character printing on Unix?

Ada

Ada,
Sorry, I don't know about printing on that printer from Unix, but I think it
would depend on the Unix print driver.

It also may depend on the software you are printing from. Have you tried
OpenOffice? Check it out at
http://zh.openoffice.org (or www.openoffice.org for
the English page). It's a free office suite that supports Chinese printing from
Linux and Solaris as well as Windows. I don't know if that will help.

Wish I could help you more!

Daryl
Old August 21st 03, 03:09 AM
Ada

Dear Daryl, Juna,

Thanks for your advice. I have also asked HP's support on the issue.
They replied that they have not tested Deskjet 895Cxi printer on the
Unix operating system, hence there are no driver available for Unix.
Now, I am asking the OS vendor for the driver.

Ada

"Juna Kuristag" wrote in message nk.net...
Ada,

It might be important to see if the Unix OS your'e using has Chinese
character support. If you're able to print just about anything BUT Chinese,
you might need to investigate into this particular problem a little bit
further.

JUNA

"Ada" wrote in message
om...

. ..

hp deskjet 610c woes norfleet General 0 September 29th 04 05:05 PM
filenames with exotic characters Brian K Cdr 4 June 14th 04 08:49 PM
Weird drive label characters tRevHead General 1 November 12th 03 12:58 PM
How to use an HP Deskjet 670C as a P. S. Printer APSewell Printers 0 August 6th 03 10:29 PM
A7N8X Deluxe jumbled characters sputter Asus Motherboards 1 July 3rd 03 07:02 PM