A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » Storage & Hardrives
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Paragon: Eliminate Recovery Partition...Move to External HD

Old July 27th 08, 09:36 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
mark4man
external usenet poster

Default Paragon: Eliminate Recovery Partition...Move to External HD

Hello People...

[I just joined...greetings to all.]

My (recently new) audio workstation...mfg.'d by ADK...came w/ Paragon Drive Backup (8.1)...which I can utilize to backup my entire local drive content (OS/programs/files & folders) to a dedicated recovery capsule...(which I believe is located on a dedicated partition).

What I would like to do...(because I have 2 external hard drives, capable of backing up everything I have)...is 1st; ELIMINATE that recovery capsule.

Then...I would like to recover that partition to the volume...so as to add it's space to the available, writable area of the entire local drive (i.e., only have one main partition). [I do have the XP bible (Bott & Seichert)...& I suppose the sequence is detailed in there somewhere...but I thought also that someone here might have some practical experience w/ this task.]

Then...I want to back up my entire local drive to one of my external drives (since I am going to install SP3...& a complete back-up is recommended prior). [This... I believe I already know how to do...since it is listed as one of the main options on the mail Paragon interface.]

[Also...when PDBU backs up the local drive, are individual files & folders available for recovery?]

Thanks,

mark4man

+----------------------------------------------------------------------
|This was sent by via Backup Central.
|Forward SPAM to
+----------------------------------------------------------------------