Good replacement fan for 7800GS

Old April 11th 07, 07:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
lrbtav

Default Good replacement fan for 7800GS

I have this video card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814143046

" BFG Tech BFGR78256GSOC GeForce 7800GS 256MB"

The fan is very noisy and I'm pretty sure it's going to fail at any
moment. Do you have recommendations for a replacement? Thanks!

Old April 11th 07, 08:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Charlie[_2_]

Same exact card here and yes the fan is a little on the noisy side. However
BFG has an outstanding reputation for quality cards -and- great warranty
service. In a Nvidia AGP card you are already at the top of the line.
However the ATI x1950 AGP card is a bit faster still.

My 7800GS steps the fan from low to high depending on cooling requirements.
Any other Nvidia AGP card would be a performance step down regradless of the
fan noise. Learn to love it. It is doubtful you'll have a premature fan
failure. That fan has a 20,000 hour MTBF
rating. Hang on to that card - learnt to love it for it's performance.

Charlie

"lrbtav" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have this video card:

Old April 11th 07, 11:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

The VF900 is not gonna work, because the 7800GS has a separate AGP bridge
chip that requires cooling. Zalman even mentions this (near the bottom of
the page): http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/...x=192&code=013

In fact, no Zalman cooler works with the 7800GS. The AC Accelero S2
reportedly does, but I haven't seen it for sale except from a single German
web site.

The alternative is to remove the stock fan and the heat sink shroud, then
zip-tie an 80 mm case fan to the card. Ugly, but nobody is gonna see it
inside the case.

"Sarge®" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:16:22 -0500, "Charlie" wrote:

Same exact card here and yes the fan is a little on the noisy side.
However
BFG has an outstanding reputation for quality cards -and- great warranty
service. In a Nvidia AGP card you are already at the top of the line.
However the ATI x1950 AGP card is a bit faster still.

My 7800GS steps the fan from low to high depending on cooling
requirements.
Any other Nvidia AGP card would be a performance step down regradless of
the
fan noise. Learn to love it. It is doubtful you'll have a premature fan
failure. That fan has a 20,000 hour MTBF
rating. Hang on to that card - learnt to love it for it's performance.

Charlie

"lrbtav" wrote in message
groups.com...
I have this video card:

" BFG Tech BFGR78256GSOC GeForce 7800GS 256MB"

The fan is very noisy and I'm pretty sure it's going to fail at any
moment. Do you have recommendations for a replacement? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you meant a replacement for the fan. I replace the
stock one right away on my 7600 with the Zalman VF900-CU Copper Dual
Heatpipe. Love it and its quiet, albeit a bit big.

Old April 12th 07, 01:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
oldwolf

I have the Gainward 7800gs + 512 Silent Golden Sample, from what I have been
able to find there are no coolers that will fit this card. Other AGP cards
are no real problem but the 7800gs is.

"lrbtav" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have this video card: