Sweex IDE Case - Prob?

Old August 20th 08, 06:46 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
wolf99

Default Sweex IDE Case - Prob?

Hi

Ive had an old 3.5" IDE HD sitting at home for ages now after the
board in the old case went, I just put it in to a new Sweex case and
plugged it in to a PC.

The little yellow windows tray alerts came up as normal ("new USB
found", Mass storage USB found", "ready to use", etc)

but when I opend My PC the drive was not shown. Do I need to install
the drivers for this? (its a public PC if I have to do this every PC I
use the drive on it would be V. inconvenient) or is there a prob wit
my drive do you think?

When I used the HD in its previous LaCie case I did not need to
install a driver...

Thanks for any help.