Microwarehouse now Inmac

Old December 29th 04, 10:30 AM
Dadio

Default Microwarehouse now Inmac

Oh dear....
I have used Microwarehouse quite regularly and they have been excellent.
Next day delivery always arrived next day, even when the order was placed
quite late. They also answered the phone promptly and were very helpful.

Yesterday I placed an order with them as usual and received confirmation
e-mail, next day delivery should be here today.

I just tried to log in on their web-site to get the order tracking info to
be on the safe side and they no longer exist!! It is now Inmac.

When I telephoned them they could not at first trace my order but the very
helpful lady did ring me back after a few minutes to say that my order would
not be dispatched until after January 4th. Just as well that I did not wait
in all day then!! and it was an urgent order that I really needed. If I had
not checked I would have been in an even bigger mess. So it looks as though
I will have to put a paper bag over my head and go to PC World.

Frankly I am feeling pretty fed up. I cannot access any of my order history
and fear that it is back to the jungle. Dabs regularly screw up my orders
with them and most of the time will not offer next day delivery, frankly I
hate Dabs but they have a good web site and good choice of products, for
that reason I keep getting sucked back to them but never use them for
anything critical. That is where Microwarehouse were so good, I could rely
on them. Now back to square one. If only Dabs were reliable and could
offer a next day service - price is not everything - I would happily pay a
premium for peace of mind.

Happy New Year.

Les

Old December 29th 04, 12:12 PM
Steve Mowbray

In article ,
"Dadio" writes:
I will have to put a paper bag over my head and go to PC World.

I think you'll find that the reason they've turned rubbish is that they've
actually been taken over by PC World, so you'd be doing just what they want.

Steve
Old December 29th 04, 01:36 PM
Dadio

Thanks for that info Steve, that is quite depressing.

On a brighter note (ever hopeful) I have just ordered the bits from Dabs who
seem to have reinstated their overnight delivery option. Touch wood... my
bits will be here before 12 noon. Basic delivery of £5 plus an extra £8 for
the earlier delivery is not bad as long as it works.

Les

Old December 29th 04, 04:26 PM
peter

Dadio wrote:
snip
Frankly I am feeling pretty fed up. I cannot access any of my order

history
and fear that it is back to the jungle. Dabs regularly screw up my

orders
with them and most of the time will not offer next day delivery,

frankly I
hate Dabs but they have a good web site and good choice of products,

for
that reason I keep getting sucked back to them but never use them for
anything critical. That is where Microwarehouse were so good, I

could rely
on them. Now back to square one. If only Dabs were reliable and

could
offer a next day service - price is not everything - I would happily

pay a
premium for peace of mind.

Try Misco - http://www.misco.co.uk they've never let me down on a next
day delivery, I use them for all my urgent stuff. You can even have it
by 10:00 am if you want. Their prices are quite competitive on most
gear, though they don't have the range of ebuyer and dabs. They have
people you can phone up and talk to if you want to as well!
I gave up using Dabs when they showed no interest in the fact that
their rubbish new website didn't work on Mozilla.
BTW, I think Microwarehouse have always been Inmac, along with
MACWarehouse and a few others too.

Old December 29th 04, 09:41 PM
Dr Teeth

On 29 Dec 2004 08:26:25 -0800, "peter" wrote:

Try Misco -

rhetoricalAren't they the business arm of Simply
Computers?/rhetorical

Any differences in the prices between the two faces of the same
company.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 31st 04, 12:06 AM
Paul Hopwood

"Dadio" wrote:

I have used Microwarehouse quite regularly and they have been excellent.
Next day delivery always arrived next day, even when the order was placed
quite late. They also answered the phone promptly and were very helpful.

Yesterday I placed an order with them as usual and received confirmation
e-mail, next day delivery should be here today.

I just tried to log in on their web-site to get the order tracking info to
be on the safe side and they no longer exist!! It is now Inmac.

Micro Warehouse and Inmac have been one and the same company for many
years. They were brought out by PC World some month ago.

And yes, they've turned a bit ****e recently.

--
iv Paul iv

inmac? Rob S UK Computer Vendors 0 December 6th 04 01:18 PM
Microwarehouse and PC World 'merger' ...? Tx2 UK Computer Vendors 3 June 8th 04 05:48 PM
Inmac Smart Switch dip switches Tom Ruben Printers 0 May 4th 04 05:54 PM