looking for a tft

Old December 27th 04, 02:05 PM
burchill

Default looking for a tft

I'm looking for a 19" tft, 16ms and DVI for less than £400. Anyone seen
any deals like this ?

--
Eps
Old December 27th 04, 07:40 PM
Dr Teeth

Try http://www.monitors-online.co.uk/
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 28th 04, 12:15 PM
BlackShuck

burchill got up from the bar and shouted: :
I'm looking for a 19" tft, 16ms and DVI for less than £400. Anyone seen
any deals like this ?

I got a Viewsonic VX912 that fitted this critera, and it was a very nice
monitor, with no bluring in games or DVD playback, unfortunatly, mine
had a stuck pixel, so it went back (otherwise it was a very nice
monitor). Am waiting for the technology to mature, or somebody offer a
proper 0 dead pixel guarentee at the right price..
Old December 28th 04, 09:36 PM
Dr Teeth

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:15:52 +0000, BlackShuck
wrote:

I got a Viewsonic VX912 that fitted this critera, and it was a very nice
monitor, with no bluring in games or DVD playback, unfortunatly, mine
had a stuck pixel, so it went back

On what grounds did you send it back? AIUI, DSR does not let one open
the box and use the item, it just allows the same as one would get in
a store. Well done anyway g.

What has stopped me buying an LCD is that some of my games will not
run at the native resolution; whilst for those that will, my PC would
struggle a bit. I prefer (slightly) lower resolutions and FSAA etc
enabled.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 28th 04, 10:07 PM
BlackShuck

Dr Teeth got up from the bar and shouted: :

On what grounds did you send it back? AIUI, DSR does not let one open
the box and use the item, it just allows the same as one would get in
a store. Well done anyway g.

DSR is sketchy in this area, I was very carefull when unpacking, and did
not mention the stuck pixel (as that implies powering it up), simply
returning it under DSR. I lost £15 in postage, and learnt a lesson...
Old December 29th 04, 07:27 PM
Stuart

wrote:

I got a Viewsonic VX912 that fitted this critera, and it was a very nice
monitor, with no bluring in games or DVD playback, unfortunatly, mine
had a stuck pixel, so it went back

On what grounds did you send it back? AIUI, DSR does not let one open
the box and use the item, it just allows the same as one would get in
a store. Well done anyway g.

Surely that makes the item imperfect and unfit for the purpose
intended and it can be returned under Sale of Goods legislation ..??
Stuart
Old December 29th 04, 09:32 PM
Dr Teeth

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:27:33 +0000, Stuart
wrote:

Surely that makes the item imperfect and unfit for the purpose
intended and it can be returned under Sale of Goods legislation ..??

Not at all. The standards to which TFTs are made allow for a certain
number/grouping of faulty pixels. Only if this standard is exceeded
could the SoGA be invoked.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 29th 04, 10:54 PM
Black Shuck

Stuart got up from the bar and shouted: :

wrote:

I got a Viewsonic VX912 that fitted this critera, and it was a very nice
monitor, with no bluring in games or DVD playback, unfortunatly, mine
had a stuck pixel, so it went back

On what grounds did you send it back? AIUI, DSR does not let one open
the box and use the item, it just allows the same as one would get in
a store. Well done anyway g.

Surely that makes the item imperfect and unfit for the purpose
intended and it can be returned under Sale of Goods legislation ..??
Stuart

unfortunalty not... If you sell TFT panels, they have a special
clause... Hard to believe, but true...
Old December 29th 04, 10:56 PM
Black Shuck

wrote:

Surely that makes the item imperfect and unfit for the purpose
intended and it can be returned under Sale of Goods legislation ..??

Not at all. The standards to which TFTs are made allow for a certain
number/grouping of faulty pixels. Only if this standard is exceeded
could the SoGA be invoked.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Mine only had 1 stuck pixel, but it was stuck green, in a very noticable
spot, and was VERY noticable pretty much all the time. There was no way
I was spending £400 and not be 100% satisfied.

Spending the money that was destined for the TFT on a AMD64 chip and
mobo. Gonna shop with the company I bought the TFT from, so I don't
feel so guilty!!! :-)
Old December 30th 04, 12:09 AM
Stuart

wrote:

I got a Viewsonic VX912 that fitted this critera, and it was a very nice
monitor, with no bluring in games or DVD playback, unfortunatly, mine
had a stuck pixel, so it went back

On what grounds did you send it back? AIUI, DSR does not let one open
the box and use the item, it just allows the same as one would get in
a store. Well done anyway g.

Surely that makes the item imperfect and unfit for the purpose
intended and it can be returned under Sale of Goods legislation ..??
Stuart

unfortunalty not... If you sell TFT panels, they have a special
clause... Hard to believe, but true...

Clause where and put in by who ???? Wonder if it has ever been tested
...?
Stuart