Yuk - vomit!!!

Old December 28th 04, 03:29 PM
Jeff Gaines

On 28/12/2004 Crazy Aizy wrote:

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message
On 27/12/2004 ff wrote:

[snipped]

And women around my age don't turn me on either and the younger ones
aren't interested. Very frustrating! Well that's what I thought when
my first marriage ended after 21 years in 2002. Turned out to be a
blessing in disguise as after a great deal of time and effort meeting
dozens of women via the internet, I finally met my soulmate who
happens to be somewhat younger than me by 14 years. We married last
August.

You've given me hope, has she got a sister :-))

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2 http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm
Old December 28th 04, 05:01 PM
Crazy Aizy

On 27/12/2004 ff wrote:

[snipped]

And women around my age don't turn me on either and the younger ones
aren't interested. Very frustrating! Well that's what I thought when
my first marriage ended after 21 years in 2002. Turned out to be a
blessing in disguise as after a great deal of time and effort meeting
dozens of women via the internet, I finally met my soulmate who
happens to be somewhat younger than me by 14 years. We married last
August.

You've given me hope, has she got a sister :-))

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2 http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm

Sorry Jeff, she only has a brother, but keep hoping, you never know what
lies around the corner.

Old December 28th 04, 06:01 PM
Vittorio Janus

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:18:25 GMT, Johannes H Andersen
wrote:

Went to Office World today on other matters. There I browsed their book
shelves a for a little while. Came across this:

"Computing for the older generation" and "Especially written for the
over 50's" . In fact Babani Publishing as a whole series of books for
the so called 'older generation '. How patronising is that!

I started computer programming in the 60's and used paper tape. I have
since build my own computers since 1980's and written applications in
ALGOL, FORTRAN, C++, VB/COM, VBA, C++Builder and now into .NET programming.

Hardly patronising - merely a niche market that has been identified.

IME, computer illiteracy is some 3-4 times as common in the
over-fifties as those under. OTOH, the desire to learn is almost
completely absent in the under-fifties and somewhere between 30% and
50% in those over. Again - IME

vj
(an over-50 who has never built his own PC)
Old December 28th 04, 06:53 PM
Anton G˙sen

Johannes H Andersen wrote:

Went to Office World today on other matters. There I browsed their book
shelves a for a little while. Came across this:

"Computing for the older generation" and "Especially written for the
over 50's" . In fact Babani Publishing as a whole series of books for
the so called 'older generation '. How patronising is that!

My dad's a computer whizz! He's 64 and spends HOURS on the computer each
day looking at porn. Patronising indeed, don't they have a clue why old
people use computers?

As for mobile phones, he only switches his phone on when he wants to
make a call, and then switches it off afterwards. When I spent an hour
trying to ring him and his phone was off, his answer was "well I don't
have any credit on it". Grrrr...

I won't be too harsh on him though, he's the one that got me into
computers in the first place, and he's currently in the kitchen cooking
my dinner.
Old December 28th 04, 11:44 PM
recursor

"Anton G˙sen" wrote in message
Johannes H Andersen wrote:

[...]

Lol, do you clean his IE cache out in exchange for the cooking.?

Old December 29th 04, 03:15 AM
Anton G˙sen

recursor wrote:

"Anton G˙sen" wrote in message

Johannes H Andersen wrote:

[...]

No, I reinstall his Windows when it goes tits-up. He uses Mozilla
anyway, since I got him to use it.