FTP to a Hawking Tech NAS Box

Old June 26th 09, 12:51 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Alan Holbrook

Default FTP to a Hawking Tech NAS Box

Does anyone here have any experience connecting to a Hawking Tech HNAS1
box? Hawking Tech support tells me I can't map the box as a network drive
under Vista but I should be able to connect to it via FTP. But while two
FTP clients, SmartFTP and Core FTP Lite, will apparently connect, I can't
navigate through the directory tree. Hawking Tech support was a lot of
help before they gave up ("Duh, did you enable FTP on the shared folder?";
"Oh, wow, why didn't _I_ think of that?!?").

Barring any actual experience, can anyone point me toward an FTP client
with a command line capability that will run under Vista?

TIA...
Old June 26th 09, 09:22 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno[_3_]

Alan Holbrook wrote:
Does anyone here have any experience connecting to a Hawking Tech HNAS1
box? Hawking Tech support tells me I can't map the box as a network drive
under Vista but I should be able to connect to it via FTP. But while two
FTP clients, SmartFTP and Core FTP Lite, will apparently connect, I can't
navigate through the directory tree. Hawking Tech support was a lot of
help before they gave up ("Duh, did you enable FTP on the shared folder?";
"Oh, wow, why didn't _I_ think of that?!?").

Barring any actual experience, can anyone point me toward an FTP client
with a command line capability that will run under Vista?

TIA...

You can try most webbrowsers with a ftp:// url.
Then there should be a tool called "ftp" in the command shell.

Arno