Stylus Pro XL - need software for print had adjusting

Old February 16th 07, 12:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ralph Wegener

Default Stylus Pro XL - need software for print had adjusting

Hello!

I am trying to get my old Epson Stylus Pro XL to work again. However, the
nozzles
are not free of old ink and the print head needs to be cleaned.
But to assemble the printer after cleaning, I need the epson software to
adjust the
print heads. The service manual gives me the information to use "verxxx.bas"
under gw-basic - a tool to adjust angle and alignment of print heads.
Does anyone still know this software? Or another software, I can use to
exactly adjust the print heads?

regards!
Ralph Wegener

Old February 16th 07, 02:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

In general, you do not need to remove the head to clean it., and thus
you can avoid the problems of trying to get the alignment reset, by not
removing the head at all.

For information on how to clean the head without dismantling, email me
at the following address. There is no charge for this service.

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

Art