Buying a used printer locally

Old February 16th 07, 07:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
mm

Default Buying a used printer locally

On Feb 16, 8:28 am, measekite wrote:
mm wrote:
On Feb 15, 3:14 pm, measekite wrote:

These are offered for sale for dummies. Look at it this way. A brand
new current model Canon IP4300 can be had on sale for about $80.00. The
replacement cost for the ink alone is $50.00. And that make this brand
new printer with a full warranty about $30.00.

But you have to spend $80.00 out front + tax.

WOW, a real biggie

Obviously that you didn't read the whole thing. I don't even know
whether the person is going to utilize it and would rather continue
relying on me to print for him, driving direction, etc. I have a
laser printer and officejet, both HP.

I might buy HP Officejet 5610 if I can get the price down for $60.

Old February 16th 07, 10:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TJ

measekite wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:
Frank Arthur wrote:
"measekite" wrote in message
et...

These are offered for sale for dummies. Look at it this way. A
brand new current model Canon IP4300 can be had on sale for about
$80.00. The replacement cost for the ink alone is $50.00. And that
make this brand new printer with a full warranty about $30.00.

Therefore a used printer is worthless.

You are in error "measekite" .
1. You cannot buy the above Canon printer for $30 new with full warranty

Try Frys -- They have a salve on it every couple of weeks

I don't think I'd buy a printer from a place that puts salve on it every
two weeks, no matter how cheap it is. Sounds awfully messy to me - lots
messier than refilling cartridges! At least we now know how you keep
that Canon of yours from clogging. Be sure you use only Canon OEM
printer salve, though. Anything else could void your warranty...

TJ