Buying a used printer locally

Old February 15th 07, 08:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
mm

Default Buying a used printer locally

Someone is selling Epson Stylus R300 Photo Printer for $30 locally.
Said she has had it for a year and so I take it that she has had it
for 3 years or more. Does anyone when it came out?

I offered her $15 and call me if she doesn't get it sold. Another
one, also locally is selling unopened box for $87.00. Who knows
whether it was re-boxed after use. I did, however once bought a
printer, and didn't open the box until a year later. By them the price
was 60% lower.

Another perosn is sellign lexmark x1150 PrinTrio Print/Scan/Copy all-
in-one printer for $30 - it's sold already. It is $55 on ebay http://
tinyurl.com/2vxx34

What I really need is a basic printer to give it to someone, that
doesn't require expensive cartridge. No photo use required. Is it
possible to get a decent one for max $20.00?

I am looking at hp site. They have printers as low as $39.99 for
Business and home use. See http://tinyurl.com/2jx9y9. Are those any
good?

What about Dell 725 Color Printer? Cartridge is proably expensive for
monochrome use.

Anyway, any suggestion?

Old February 15th 07, 10:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank Arthur

"mm" wrote in message
oups.com...
Someone is selling Epson Stylus R300 Photo Printer for $30 locally.
Said she has had it for a year and so I take it that she has had it
for 3 years or more. Does anyone when it came out?

If you don't believe anyone why would anyone here reply to you.
You would assume they are lying- just as you did for the person who said
they had
it for a year?

Old February 15th 07, 11:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

These are offered for sale for dummies. Look at it this way. A brand
new current model Canon IP4300 can be had on sale for about $80.00. The
replacement cost for the ink alone is $50.00. And that make this brand
new printer with a full warranty about $30.00.

Therefore a used printer is worthless.

Old February 15th 07, 11:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank Arthur

"measekite" wrote in message
et...
These are offered for sale for dummies. Look at it this way. A brand new
current model Canon IP4300 can be had on sale for about $80.00. The
replacement cost for the ink alone is $50.00. And that make this brand
new printer with a full warranty about $30.00.

Therefore a used printer is worthless.

You are in error "measekite" .
1. You cannot buy the above Canon printer for $30 new with full warranty
2. You automatically assumed the Epson Printer described did not come with
ink.
Why? Most sellers would need to supply ink with the printer they are
trying
to sell especially if they want to demo it.
3. Even if a printer was $30 brand new a used one would obviously be less
than
$30 but not "worthless". It would be merely worth less. Not the same
thing.
4. Do you know anything except shill for Canon?

Old February 15th 07, 11:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
frank

Frank Arthur wrote:
"measekite" wrote in message
et...

[...]

hehehe...good one!
The other Frank
Old February 16th 07, 02:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony Hwang

Frank Arthur wrote:
"measekite" wrote in message
et...

[...]

Hi,
Humble pie is well served!
Old February 16th 07, 04:13 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Tony Hwang wrote:
Frank Arthur wrote:
"measekite" wrote in message
et...

These are offered for sale for dummies. Look at it this way. A
brand new current model Canon IP4300 can be had on sale for about
$80.00. The replacement cost for the ink alone is $50.00. And that
make this brand new printer with a full warranty about $30.00.

Therefore a used printer is worthless.

You are in error "measekite" .
1. You cannot buy the above Canon printer for $30 new with full warranty

Try Frys -- They have a salve on it every couple of weeks
2. You automatically assumed the Epson Printer described did not come
with ink.
Why? Most sellers would need to supply ink with the printer they
are trying
to sell especially if they want to demo it.
3. Even if a printer was $30 brand new a used one would obviously be
less than
$30 but not "worthless". It would be merely worth less.

Oh Worth less is not worthless . Golly that like almost pregnant

Old February 16th 07, 05:36 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
mm

On Feb 15, 3:14 pm, measekite wrote:
These are offered for sale for dummies. Look at it this way. A brand
new current model Canon IP4300 can be had on sale for about $80.00. The
replacement cost for the ink alone is $50.00. And that make this brand
new printer with a full warranty about $30.00.

But you have to spend $80.00 out front + tax.

After I asked her about the cartridge cost and she said $12.95 each, I
told here that I'd take it for $15.00. If I were to buy, I would check
the price for the cartridges first though.

mm wrote:
[...]

Anyway, any suggestion?- Hide quoted text -

Old February 16th 07, 05:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
mm

On Feb 15, 2:16 pm, "Frank Arthur" wrote:
"mm" wrote in message

oups.com...

Someone is selling Epson Stylus R300 Photo Printer for $30 locally.
Said she has had it for a year and so I take it that she has had it
for 3 years or more. Does anyone when it came out?

If you don't believe anyone

Did I say *anyone*?

why would anyone here reply to you.
You would assume they are lying- just as you did for the person who said
they had it for a year?

Did I tell you that another local person is selling a new one for
$80.00?