Legend 994 CDT/sound card

Old January 2nd 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Default Legend 994 CDT/sound card

Just for fun... does anyone know how to get the combo modem/sound card to
produce sound in win nt 4.0.
thanks mc

Old January 3rd 06, 09:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Just for fun
I used to stack washing machine boxes one on top the other and jump through
them from a height of aboy 20 feet.
Did I accomplish anything
I am not sure

Can Windoze Entee run this card
Maybe
A serial number would have been nice
I had to google to find it was a sound 2/28.8

Did it find the drivers for the modem or is it only the sonics that you need

Have you gone under add new HW and did all the choosing and then
looked under sound and looked what was there
I have had the luck on running most of these cars under Windows 2000

Entee is also possible(maybe)
Would you like to buy a sound card

Old January 4th 06, 12:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

The modem works fine, you can here the tone at dialup.
I tried the HW setup in the past with no luck. I did not want to install a
new card since I can get sound if I boot into win95. I'll look into Windoze
Entee, I'm not real familiar with it.
thanks mc

Old January 4th 06, 01:26 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Your best bet is to identify the audio chip on the sound card, then go to the
chip manufacturer's web site to find drivers. With some luck you will find them
for NT and other Windows releases. I would not hold my breath though, because
NT never achieved the support of all kinds of hardware like Windows 95/98 did.

.... Ben Myers

Old January 4th 06, 02:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

I had a bunch of sound/modem cards given to me
by a poster on this group
I took pictures of them
I listed all their chipsets in my database

I was able to run everyone of them in Windows 2000
I used the HW function and sometimes the card
was detected do to an act of god
When using the HW function the adavanced function may
be used
It requires that the operartor do the thinking.

I do not have Windows 2000 or NT running now
Under sound there may be Aztech and/or PB drivers
for sound
Sound Galaxy seemed to work for most of the units
If my memory is correct
Then there is aztech and you can try their driver even if it
is not the one listed
There is nothing to loose

You can also look at the modems under Windows HW
I think that it also did the sound card but my
alzheimers is kicking in

When trying to a round plug in a square hole
trimming may be required
It is best to get the round plug

I have found that the Sound Galaxy

Old January 4th 06, 03:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

FWIW, download the Ubuntu 5.10 Live ISO and burn it to a bootable CD. Then boot
the system. Ubuntu, being a derivative of Debian Linux, detects all the
hardware in a system and tells you what it is. This is especially effective for
older systems, because the various Linux distributions tend to carry forward
drivers for hardware back in the last century.

The "Live" version of Ubuntu boots exclusively from CD and does not mess with a
hard drive. I found it to be yet another extremely useful hardware test for a
system I assembled and did not load an OS, because the buyer will do it himself.

There is a live version of Knoppix, another Linux variant... Ben Myers

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:04:20 -0500, "metronid" wrote:

[...]

.. .

Old January 4th 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Yep. The Linux crowd has gotten it right as far as detecting hardware devices
and chipsets. Windows XP is the best that billg can offer, and it still has a
long way to go... Ben

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:03:36 -0500, "metronid" wrote:

That is one good Idea

SNIP
Old January 4th 06, 11:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Thanks Ben and metronoid, maybe i should learn a bit about Linux
mc

Old January 5th 06, 12:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

The Ubuntu live CD is an easy way to learn... Ben

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 23:41:39 GMT, "mc" wrote:

Thanks Ben and metronoid, maybe i should learn a bit about Linux
mc

Asus A7v333 AGP Pro 4x slot Radeon 8500 died. Which card? Radeon 9550? or Geforce 6600 or X? compatible Darren General 4 December 20th 05 06:23 AM
graphics card upgrade and Fonts Boostm3 Gateway Computers 7 December 2nd 05 06:25 PM
soundcard issues wendy General 7 November 11th 05 10:05 PM
FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 2 May 8th 05 09:58 PM
GARY HEADLEE Motherboard and Video Card Repair neilslade General 8 March 1st 05 02:59 AM