How to connect laptop-style slim DVD drive to IDE or USB port

Old May 18th 05, 11:47 AM
Maciek

Default How to connect laptop-style slim DVD drive to IDE or USB port

I'm building a mini-ITX machine. I've a Travla case with a place for a
slim drive on the side. There's no room inside for a full size CD/DVD
drive. My question is, how to connect this kind of drive to IDE (or USB)
port?

As far as I know all these drives have some weird, wide connector, but
some of them are visible as removable (USB?) devices in Win XP - for
example I can stop and remove my DVD/CD-RW drive from my Toshiba M2
laptop. So I assume it's some standard port type.

Any ideas?

--
Maciek

Old May 18th 05, 06:24 PM
Tweek

Is this what you need? It converts a slim laptop ide optical device into a
standard ide device. I have a couple of them I use for testing drives and
they work great.

http://www.directron.com/cddvdadapter.html

Old May 19th 05, 04:18 PM
mpcpartsdotcom

http://www.mpcparts.com/skuinfo.asp?sku=130224

Old May 19th 05, 06:49 PM
Tweek

Not what he's looking for. That is for a HDD, he needs something for a
laptop optical drive.

"mpcpartsdotcom" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.mpcparts.com/skuinfo.asp?sku=130224