Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Old April 17th 04, 05:18 AM
Chris Hagler

Default Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Are there any newsgroups dedicated to the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro? Or any
real good community sites for this sound card?

I seem to be having troubles "sounding correctly" (I.e., HALO - all the
ambience EAX sounds are there..but some sounds are missing...like when you
ride a vehicle..you only hear it running when you look left or right.)

I have the Logitech Z680 speakers...so I am expecting some high quality
gaming sounds. The DVD Audio sounds incredbile - but with so many volume
controls, remote controls, special FX from the sound card, speakers, and
Windows XP - hard telling if I ahve everything tweaked appropriately.

Any help or direction would be appreciated!

Thanks...Chris...

Old April 17th 04, 09:52 AM
Lenny

I seem to be having troubles "sounding correctly" (I.e., HALO - all the
ambience EAX sounds are there..but some sounds are missing...like when you
ride a vehicle..you only hear it running when you look left or right.)

Is everything plugged in correctly? You should run the EAX setup console and
test that you get sound from all speakers. Also, visit soundblaster.com and
go update your drivers if you haven't done that already.

but with so many volume
controls, remote controls, special FX from the sound card, speakers, and
Windows XP - hard telling if I ahve everything tweaked appropriately.

What I do is I set the volume levels from the computer to maximum, boost the
treble a bit using the equalizer (since the Z680s don't have a dedicated
tweeter on the satellites) and set the volume on the rear speakers to
maximum in the Z680's control unit. That makes the surround sound stand out
a bit more. And, I try not to set the bass above 60% or else everything in
the room starts shaking.

Old April 17th 04, 11:14 AM
Dave

"Chris Hagler" wrote in message
Are there any newsgroups dedicated to the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro? Or

any
real good community sites for this sound card?

There's an Audigy group called............... Products.Sound_Blaster.Audigy

It's on news.creativelabs.com

HTH