2nd hard drive for HP Compaq d330 Slim Tower ?

Old December 14th 04, 03:51 AM
Tim923

Default 2nd hard drive for HP Compaq d330 Slim Tower ?

This Slim Tower doesn't seem to have much extra room. Could a 2nd
hard drive fit in just temporarily for backup?
Old December 14th 04, 12:09 PM
HH

Doubt it. Why not hook up a USB external HD?
HH

Old December 14th 04, 04:37 PM
Tim923

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:09:42 -0500, "HH" wrote:
Doubt it. Why not hook up a USB external HD?
HH

I'm thinking about removing the 40GB hard drive and installing a 120GB
or 160GB hard drive. But, does the d330 have the 48-bit compatible
bios for drives over 137GB? And if it does, would my Win XP Pro SP1a
setup disk be able to format the 160GB drive and install, or do I need
to seemslip it some more?

Old December 14th 04, 04:38 PM
Tim923

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:09:42 -0500, "HH" wrote:
Doubt it. Why not hook up a USB external HD?

Maybe the USB option is the best, but can the USB drive be the boot
"C" drive?

how to test psu and reset to cmos to default Tanya General 23 February 7th 05 09:56 AM
Norton Ghost - Clone Won't Work jimbo Homebuilt PC's 70 November 15th 04 01:56 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 31st 04 02:23 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 10th 04 11:39 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 27th 04 06:21 PM