Abit bh6 motherboard current era videocard options

Old May 29th 04, 09:16 PM
Don Lindbergh

Default Abit bh6 motherboard current era videocard options

I'm using an NVidia GeForce 3 Ti200 dvi out in my BH6 v1.1 and am interested
in moving to an ATI based card with dvi out, preferably a 9600 XT.

I heard the ATI 9600 XT won't fit or work on the BH6. Can anyone confirm
this before I waste time trying it myself?

I gather that at least some of the ATI-made 'all in wonder' cards will work
in the BH6? Do any of those have dvi out?

Where would the best of those (that would work on the BH6) rank in the
referenced list of current era graphics cards?
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/...charts-03.html

My next choice would be a Matrox card with dvi out, preferably a P650. Is
that card an option for the BH6? What about any other Matrox cards in that
range? I have an MGA 200 with digital out which works.

Unless the ATI based option (all in wonder etc) on the BH6 was quite a bit
faster in games than a Matrox card, which I know will be at the very bottom
of the list in game performance, I'd just as soon go with Matrox and get
better game performance when I move on to a faster cpu/motherboard which
will allow a more modern videocard.

thanks for any comments,

--Don
dabl{at}hotmail{dot}com

Old May 30th 04, 06:36 AM
McGrandpa

I have a ABit BH6 rev. 1.1 mobo in use right now. I am using a Radeon
7000 AGP card in it and I can't see any reason why you cannot use any
ATi Radeon board that is 2X4X AGP (3.3 volt). You can't use an 4X8X
card in it. Other than that one age limitation, why not?
McG.

Old May 30th 04, 05:36 PM
BigVoice

Why not using a Ti4200 video card which works OK in BH6.

BigVoice

Old May 30th 04, 07:35 PM
Don Lindbergh

"McGrandpa" wrote in message
I have a ABit BH6 rev. 1.1 mobo in use right now. I am using a Radeon
7000 AGP card in it and I can't see any reason why you cannot use any
ATi Radeon board that is 2X4X AGP (3.3 volt). You can't use an 4X8X
card in it. Other than that one age limitation, why not?
McG.

Right. The question was to confirm the specific model number for the
fastest of the ati based models which would work. The answer (not provided
in this forum) appears to be the 9700 Pro (or 9500).

Old May 30th 04, 07:37 PM
Don Lindbergh

"BigVoice" wrote in message
Why not using a Ti4200 video card which works OK in BH6.

BigVoice

Right. I'm having a specific problem driving the DVI in of a Dell 2001FP
with that card and have evidence an ATI based card will solve that problem.

Old May 30th 04, 09:01 PM
Rick

"Don Lindbergh" wrote in message ...

"McGrandpa" wrote in message
I have a ABit BH6 rev. 1.1 mobo in use right now. I am using a Radeon
7000 AGP card in it and I can't see any reason why you cannot use any
ATi Radeon board that is 2X4X AGP (3.3 volt). You can't use an 4X8X
card in it. Other than that one age limitation, why not?
McG.

Right. The question was to confirm the specific model number for the
fastest of the ati based models which would work. The answer (not provided
in this forum) appears to be the 9700 Pro (or 9500).

Yes. Refer to this chart:
http://www.ati.com/support/agpchart/agp.html

Everything past the 9700 doesn't support 3.3v.

Rick

Old May 31st 04, 07:03 PM
Don Lindbergh

"Rick" wrote in message
Yes. Refer to this chart:
http://www.ati.com/support/agpchart/agp.html

Everything past the 9700 doesn't support 3.3v.

Rick

Thanks, that's helpful.

Are there any current motherboards you know of on which an ATI based 9700
Pro would *not* work?

Current State of the Motherboard Address _AGC Asus Motherboards 6 November 21st 04 07:26 PM
Abit bh6 motherboard current era videocard options Don Lindbergh Abit Motherboards 7 May 31st 04 07:03 PM
AGP Voltage problem John Overclocking 4 February 29th 04 10:51 AM
Gigabyte GA 81TXE or Abit TH7II (no raid) motherboard blackgold Gigabyte Motherboards 1 November 25th 03 09:03 AM
Help with motherboard options - aim to overclock!! Guido Overclocking 1 August 16th 03 12:26 PM