scan.co.uk good e-tailer?

Old January 4th 04, 04:07 AM
tHatDudeUK

Default scan.co.uk good e-tailer?

Considering getting something from there and wouldn't want any hassle
sending it back. I'd get what I want elsewhere but scan have it in stock and
i need it now sort of thing. Also they have it a few quid cheaper.

Any thoughts?

Old January 4th 04, 09:22 AM
Tony Sutton

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
Considering getting something from there and wouldn't want any hassle
sending it back. I'd get what I want elsewhere but scan have it in stock

and
i need it now sort of thing. Also they have it a few quid cheaper.

Aftersale sucks. Read google.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Old January 4th 04, 09:52 AM
Alec

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
Considering getting something from there and wouldn't want any hassle
sending it back. I'd get what I want elsewhere but scan have it in stock

and
i need it now sort of thing. Also they have it a few quid cheaper.

Any thoughts?

You get what you pay for, when it works most e-tailer's are fine I have
dealt with Scan on many occasions and touch wood had very few problems my
favourite at the moment is www.overclockers.co.uk who have provided
excellent service recently both on the phone and with very speedy
deliveries.
Cheers
Alec

Old January 4th 04, 10:43 AM
tHatDudeUK

"Tony Sutton" wrote in message
Aftersale sucks. Read google.

I noticed but I wondered if what i saw was someone with an axe to grind.

Where's a big list of e-tailers so I can consider others? I'm sure there was
one on a webpage somewhere. I'm looking to buy some corsair pro twinx ram
and scan have it in stock, nowhere else does.

Old January 4th 04, 01:01 PM
oo^^artnada^^oo

Alec wrote:
|| "tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
||| Considering getting something from there and wouldn't want any hassle
||| sending it back. I'd get what I want elsewhere but scan have it in stock
and
||| i need it now sort of thing. Also they have it a few quid cheaper.
||| Any thoughts?
|| You get what you pay for, when it works most e-tailer's are fine I have
|| dealt with Scan on many occasions and touch wood had very few problems my
|| favourite at the moment is www.overclockers.co.uk who have provided
|| excellent service recently both on the phone and with very speedy
|| deliveries.
|| Cheers
|| Alec

Aftersales is pathetic with Scan. Try someone else.

Old January 4th 04, 01:22 PM
Mike

Where's a big list of e-tailers so I can consider others? I'm sure there

was
one on a webpage somewhere.

Heres a good one:
http://www.storesrus.co.uk/computers

I wouldn't touch Scan there aftersales is appauling.

Old January 4th 04, 04:50 PM
Vincent Vega

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

"Tony Sutton" wrote in message
Aftersale sucks. Read google.

I noticed but I wondered if what i saw was someone with an axe to grind.

Where's a big list of e-tailers so I can consider others? I'm sure there

was
one on a webpage somewhere. I'm looking to buy some corsair pro twinx ram
and scan have it in stock, nowhere else does.

Tekheads sell Corsair RAM (not sure whether they've got what you're after,
though):

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/category?category=77

Personally, I wouldn't touch Scan with a bargepole. Their prices are very
good and they have a huge range of stuff (ditto Dabs), but the risk that
something might go amiss and I'd have to chance it with their technical
support is not a very enticing prospect. IMHO, it's best to pay a bit more
and get better service (such as Tekheads, Overclock, VGI, Novatech (?) and
so on)

Old January 4th 04, 05:30 PM
tHatDudeUK

"Vincent Vega" wrote in message
Tekheads sell Corsair RAM (not sure whether they've got what you're after,
though):

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/category?category=77

Personally, I wouldn't touch Scan with a bargepole. Their prices are very
good and they have a huge range of stuff (ditto Dabs), but the risk that
something might go amiss and I'd have to chance it with their technical
support is not a very enticing prospect. IMHO, it's best to pay a bit more
and get better service (such as Tekheads, Overclock, VGI, Novatech (?) and
so on)

Tekheads says 1-2 days which would probably be faster inc next day delivery
than Scan which is also cheaper than scan's standard delivery (Scan order
page states they only re-open tomorrow and give an estimated despatch day of
Wednesday which is a bit late for me. I'll wait for Tekheads to get stock,
don't want to have my £200 lurking in some crap companies bank account :-)
Then possibly Scan would suddenly decide they don't have what i want in
stock (based on groups.google.com)

Any idea how accurate Tekheads are with their stock levels? I've sent an
e-mail asking for a definite date but I guess I won't get a reply till
tomorrow sometime.

Scan total £190.35
Tekheads total £194.40

Based on the worrying things I have read I think the £4.05 extra is worth it
for next day delivery and service :-) Many thanx...

Old January 4th 04, 07:12 PM
KW_UK

in scan's deffence...

i ordered about £1000 worth of stuff just before xmas last year, all came in
good time and order, no problems there.

Old January 4th 04, 08:16 PM
Andrew Bell

In ,
Alec ) said:
"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
Considering getting something from there and wouldn't
want any hassle sending it back. I'd get what I want
elsewhere but scan have it in stock and i need it now
sort of thing. Also they have it a few quid cheaper.

Any thoughts?

You get what you pay for, when it works most e-tailer's
are fine I have dealt with Scan on many occasions and
touch wood had very few problems my favourite at the
moment is www.overclockers.co.uk who have provided
excellent service recently both on the phone and with
very speedy deliveries.
Cheers
Alec

Until you have to return something most etailers will be fine and as
such I don't pass opinion. OCUK have a reputation of poor aftersales
also IIRC.

--
Andrew
The above address IS valid but will go straight to my