Can I use Intel CPUs for my new atom bomb?

Old April 14th 04, 11:13 AM
Ernest Nafkin

Default Can I use Intel CPUs for my new atom bomb?

I´m building a new atom bomb for sale on ebay, but I need a good
CPU.Do you think an Intel CPU is good or should I buy an AMD CPU ?

Are Intel-CPUs radiation-proof?
Old April 14th 04, 12:11 PM
Robert Myers

On 14 Apr 2004 03:13:41 -0700, (Ernest Nafkin)
wrote:

I´m building a new atom bomb for sale on ebay, but I need a good
CPU.Do you think an Intel CPU is good or should I buy an AMD CPU ?

Are Intel-CPUs radiation-proof?

http://www.sandia.gov/media/rhp.htm

If microprocessors are your biggest problem, you are in possession of
some highly valuable technology for which you could probably earn much
larger revenues than the sale of a working device in any market.

RM

Old April 14th 04, 12:22 PM
Grumble

Ernest Nafkin wrote:

I'm building a new atom bomb for sale on ebay, but I need a good
CPU. Do you think an Intel CPU is good or should I buy an AMD CPU?

quote
In a typical hydrogen bomb, the detonation of a fission
bomb compresses and heats a core of lithium deuteride.
The neutrons emitted by the fission reaction strike the
lithium atoms, creating atoms of another hydrogen isotope,
tritium. The heat of the fission reaction begins to fuse
the tritium and deuterium atoms, creating helium along
with a large amount of neutrons.
/quote

It seems Prescott was made for you!

You see, Prescott dissipates so much heat that it can induce fusion.

The fission bomb becomes redundant!

Just power up, start Windows, and witness the miracle.

:-)

Old April 16th 04, 03:08 AM
Shinji Ikari

Grumble wrote in message ...
Ernest Nafkin wrote:

I'm building a new atom bomb for sale on ebay, but I need a good
CPU. Do you think an Intel CPU is good or should I buy an AMD CPU?

quote
In a typical hydrogen bomb, the detonation of a fission
bomb compresses and heats a core of lithium deuteride.
The neutrons emitted by the fission reaction strike the
lithium atoms, creating atoms of another hydrogen isotope,
tritium. The heat of the fission reaction begins to fuse
the tritium and deuterium atoms, creating helium along
with a large amount of neutrons.
/quote

It seems Prescott was made for you!

You see, Prescott dissipates so much heat that it can induce fusion.

The fission bomb becomes redundant!

Just power up, start Windows, and witness the miracle.

:-)

You might want to get the overclocking community involved. However, I
think this project may void your warranty on the chip.
Old April 16th 04, 04:20 AM
H.W. Stockman

"Ernest Nafkin" wrote in message
om...
I´m building a new atom bomb for sale on ebay, but I need a good
CPU.Do you think an Intel CPU is good or should I buy an AMD CPU ?

Go with a tested design. Use the same CPU that was in the bombs tested at
White Sands in 1945.

Are Intel-CPUs radiation-proof?

Do they need to be? You didn't specify if the fission material will be U235
or Pu239. In either case, the mass should be clean (free of daughters) and
the initial radiation from the fissionable mass will be minor; but Pu239 has
weaker gammas.

Old April 20th 04, 03:02 AM
John Hogan

check www.nsa.gov

I think they will help you.

"Ernest Nafkin" wrote in message
om...
I´m building a new atom bomb for sale on ebay, but I need a good
CPU.Do you think an Intel CPU is good or should I buy an AMD CPU ?

Are Intel-CPUs radiation-proof?

HELP: P4C800-E Deluxe, Intel RAID and Windows detection problems Michail Pappas Asus Motherboards 2 November 20th 04 03:18 AM
400FSB Intel CPUs Malcolm Homebuilt PC's 1 July 24th 04 07:00 PM
Intel Commander Intel 0 October 30th 03 07:05 PM
VTune Event based sampling and Athlon XP Shuttie Intel 14 August 1st 03 09:04 AM
Do you happen to know Intel roadmap for CPUs? online General 3 July 10th 03 01:32 PM