Multifunction Inkjet Printer Recommendations (with good depth of field scanning)

Old March 9th 08, 08:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Len Robbins

Default Multifunction Inkjet Printer Recommendations (with good depth of field scanning)

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good multifuction (with fax) inkjet
printer. Our HP2610 died due to a manufacturing defect (although HP won't
admit to it).

My wife uses it mostly to scan jewelry at her store to document inventory.
The HP2610 did a pretty good job at this, but manufacturers do not state in
their specs, the scanning depth of field (the distance from the scan bed
that an object would be in focus). Photo quality, printing speed etc.are not
important.

Thanks Very Much for any Suggestions,
Len

Old March 10th 08, 12:02 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony Hwang

Len Robbins wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good multifuction (with fax) inkjet
printer. Our HP2610 died due to a manufacturing defect (although HP won't
admit to it).

My wife uses it mostly to scan jewelry at her store to document inventory.
The HP2610 did a pretty good job at this, but manufacturers do not state in
their specs, the scanning depth of field (the distance from the scan bed
that an object would be in focus). Photo quality, printing speed etc.are not
important.

Thanks Very Much for any Suggestions,
Len

Hi,
I'd buy a Canon over HP. Right now I use Canon MP530 at home. Never
gives any trouble.
Old March 10th 08, 06:54 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

www.canonusa.com

Old March 10th 08, 07:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

"Len Robbins" wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good multifuction (with fax) inkjet
printer. Our HP2610 died due to a manufacturing defect (although HP won't
admit to it).

My wife uses it mostly to scan jewelry at her store to document inventory.
The HP2610 did a pretty good job at this, but manufacturers do not state in
their specs, the scanning depth of field (the distance from the scan bed
that an object would be in focus). Photo quality, printing speed etc.are not
important.

Thanks Very Much for any Suggestions,
Len

Many scanners both stand alone and part of a multifunction are "digital"
nowadays. Generally digital scanners have a better depth of field.
Because of your specific needs I strongly suggest you take a peice of jewellery
or similar and test it in a large store that has several units available. Any
decent store will let you do this. In the past I have found a large bunch of
keys to be particularly useful in this regard.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old March 10th 08, 10:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Len Robbins

Thanks Tony,

We did just that today and found an HP Office Jet Pro L7580 that seems to do
the job and is on sale at Best Buy for $239.99. I had bought a Canon MX310
that was terrible in regards to depth of field. I'll probably sell it on
Craigs List. This is a cheaper model in their line, though. The L7580
doesn't have the best reviews but my wife really liked the results of the
scan (copy) of some of the jewelry we brought to check it out. I figure that
buying the HP with an Amex card will make the warranty 2 years instead of
one. Nowadays, you're lucky to have a printer last that long.

By the way, I was fortunate that Costco took the HP2610 back and gave me a
refund.

Len

"Tony" wrote in message
news

scanner depth of field br Printers 18 April 10th 06 01:44 PM
Scanner depth of field stereotrope Scanners 3 November 11th 05 05:21 PM
hp inkjet printer recommendations Chris Printers 3 February 20th 04 06:38 AM
Multifunction Printer Recommendations? Pete Printers 2 January 14th 04 10:33 AM