Pixmania

Old July 29th 05, 10:39 AM
Nick

Default Pixmania

I ordered an MP3 player from Pixmania. They sent me a camera (someone
else's order).

I called them 3 times to arrange collection. Nothing.

I emailed them to complain. I got a reply saying they would collect but
could not say on which of 2 days this might happen.

A further call, pointing out for the 4th time that the goods ordered (by now
over 2 weeks ago), were required for a birthday present (i.e. a deadline of
sorts, you might say) was met with the response that they could not despatch
the correct goods until they had collected the incorrect goods. When I
explained that this would mean that I would not receive them in time for my
(not unreasonable) deadline, I was told that it was academic because the
goods I originally ordered were no longer in stock anyway.

I have since notified my credit card company that the order has not been
fulfilled and requested a chargeback.

I understand that Pixmania are based in France but to describe their
approach as Gallic insouciance is to excuse it. They simply have no concept
of customer service if my experience is anything to go by. Am I alone in
this?

Old July 29th 05, 05:07 PM
shan77

Nick wrote:
[...]

I ordered an ipod last sunday on express delivery (24-48 hours)for a
birthday tommorow, the web site says it is still being prepared. I have
just got off the phone (for the third time this week) after speaking to
a very unhelpful and unsympaphetic person who said I may get it
sometime next week.
Absolute ****e company, sorry I used them and will never again darken
their website.

Old July 29th 05, 07:27 PM
Odie Ferrous

Nick wrote:

[...]

I have yet to hear good reports about this company.

Odie
--
Retrodata
www.retrodata.co.uk
Old July 29th 05, 08:17 PM
Trev

"Odie Ferrous" wrote in message
Nick wrote:

[...]

There are some who are happy with what they paid providing what they buy
does not need instructions or a UK power unit. They buy on Price alone and
its only low because the Pound to Euro exchange rate, but then because its
in English they think there protected in law like they would be buying form
a British dealer.

Old July 29th 05, 09:56 PM
Bruce Stephens

"Trev" trevbowdenATdsl.pipexDOTnet writes:

"Odie Ferrous" wrote in message

[...]

I have yet to hear good reports about this company.

There are some who are happy with what they paid providing what
they buy does not need instructions or a UK power unit. They buy on
Price alone and its only low because the Pound to Euro exchange
rate, but then because its in English they think there protected in
law like they would be buying form a British dealer.

I bought a camera from them without incident. It came with a power
adaptor suitable for Britain, and instructions which included English.
I went to their Putney Bridge place, so I didn't have to contend with
the remote aspects of their service, though; I've read a number of bad
reports with that, which is partly why I went along to pick it up
myself.
Old July 29th 05, 10:47 PM
Mike

"Nick" wrote in message
[...]

Lots of bad reports about this company. I personally wouldnt ever use them

Old July 30th 05, 07:25 AM
Graham Murray

"Trev" trevbowdenATdsl.pipexDOTnet writes:

They buy on Price alone and its only low because the Pound to Euro
exchange rate, but then because its in English they think there
protected in law like they would be buying form a British dealer.

I maybe mistaken, but I thought that one of the reasons for the
introduction of the Distance Selling Regulations (or rather the EU
directive behind it) was to give buyers the same rights irrespective
of which EU country they buy from.
Old July 30th 05, 08:35 AM
Tim S Kemp

Nick wrote:
I understand that Pixmania are based in France but to describe their
approach as Gallic insouciance is to excuse it. They simply have no
concept of customer service if my experience is anything to go by. Am I
alone in this?

They get there in the end, but my camera took three weeks to sort out, it
was still cheaper than anywhere else.

We must all realise that if the margins are being slashed then normally it's
the service that suffers, if you want it today there's always dixons / comet

--
re-configure the solar matrix in parallel for endothermic propulsion

Old July 30th 05, 11:31 AM
Trev

"Graham Murray" wrote in message
"Trev" trevbowdenATdsl.pipexDOTnet writes:

They buy on Price alone and its only low because the Pound to Euro
exchange rate, but then because its in English they think there
protected in law like they would be buying form a British dealer.

I maybe mistaken, but I thought that one of the reasons for the
introduction of the Distance Selling Regulations (or rather the EU
directive behind it) was to give buyers the same rights irrespective
of which EU country they buy from.

You want our rights lowered then, to match the rest of Europe

Old July 30th 05, 05:31 PM
Sylvain Van der Walde

"Nick" wrote in message
[...]

I've just bought a Canon printer from them, as their price seemed to be the
lowest around. I did find that "their left hand didn't know what their right
hand was doing". Still, I did get the goods within a week.

Some more details: That printer (Canon Pixma IP3000) was £61.00, but some
good bundled software was in French, and the power cable was not suitable,
being a 2-pin continental one (I do know about Maplin's adapter).

Now, Ebuyer were selling that printer for £64.00.

Conclusions: I will probably still buy from Pixmania (Fotovista, in France),
but my research will be much more thorough in future.

P.S. I did have a suitable power cable, and also a USB cable (not provided).

Sylvain. (I'm a fellow).