Are Apple Notebooks Made in the USA ?

Old September 3rd 04, 04:36 PM
Ian Stirling

In misc.survivalism Mean Mr Mustard wrote:
I am looking to purchase a new notebook computer and would prefer an
Apple system due to the superior architecture, reliability and

You will have to search really, really, really hard to find any
item of electronics with components solely from the USA.
Not only things like semiconductors are mostly made in asia, but
LCD panels, and many passive components.
To such an extent that I would be astounded if any laptop available
in the US is not built with a sizable fraction of imported components.
I would be utterly astonished if someone had gone to the herculean
lengths needed to US source everything, as, for example, AIUI, the US
does not really make notebook LCDs at the moment.
Old September 3rd 04, 09:17 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article ,
Georg Schwarz wrote:
Gnarlodious wrote:

notebooks produced, but a brief search on Google hinted at Made in
China.

No, Taiwan.

aka ROC, which happens to stand for Republic of China.

My AlBook was assembled in Shanghai (People's Republic of China),
which sidesteps that quite nicely.

Hope you enjoy your new Apple laptop! Although you could still argue that
Taiwan is part of China...

anyone claiming differently should check their history or geography
books.

History and current events shows that Taiwan and China don't share a
government, which means that politically, one is not part of the
other, despite the rather odd diplomatic fictions the two maintain.

Geography shows that Taiwan is an island.

Old September 4th 04, 11:17 AM
Marc Heusser

In article ,
Tim May wrote:

The best quality items are now made offshore. Products actually "made
in America" are usually assembled by ex-cons, or current cons (prison
labor), Mexicans, Haitians, or, in some cases, by inner city negro
welfare cases.

When I buy a product, I look for assembly outside one of the "we be
niggaz" assembly zones. In other words, I look for quality, offshore
assembly.

None of my Macs were built by ******s.

Do you get away with that in the US?
Your language and thinking could get you into trouble over here.

Marc

--
Marc Heusser
(remove the obvious: CHEERS and MERICAL...until end to reply via email)
Old September 4th 04, 06:25 PM
Wes Groleau

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

PLONK

Doing so was a good idea.

Saying so is debatable.

Reposting the garbage on all four newsgroups was a bad idea.

--
Wes Groleau
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.
Old September 4th 04, 08:13 PM
Ed Anson

Marc Heusser wrote:
In article ,
Tim May wrote:

The best quality items are now made offshore. Products actually "made
in America" are usually assembled by ex-cons, or current cons (prison
labor), Mexicans, Haitians, or, in some cases, by inner city negro
welfare cases.

When I buy a product, I look for assembly outside one of the "we be
niggaz" assembly zones. In other words, I look for quality, offshore
assembly.

None of my Macs were built by ******s.

Do you get away with that in the US?
Your language and thinking could get you into trouble over here.

Yes. The U.S. Constitution guarantees freedom of speech. That means that
even assholes get to say what they think. In balance, I think it's best.

Old September 4th 04, 09:14 PM
Bob Pownall

Marc Heusser wrote:
Post by Tim May deleted.

Do you get away with that in the US?
Your language and thinking could get you into trouble over here.

Marc

A friend of mine had a saying I liked: "Democracy means having to put up
with things that really **** you off."

Seems to me like that philosophy kind of applies here.

Or to use a phrase attributed to Voltaire, "I disapprove of what you
say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Bob Pownall
Old September 4th 04, 11:12 PM
Eric Desrochers

Tim May wrote:

None of my Macs were built by ******s.

I can't believe I'm reading this in 2004. Sad...

--
Eric (Dero) Desrochers
http://homepage.mac.com/dero72

Hiroshima 45, Tchernobyl 86, Windows 95
Old September 4th 04, 11:58 PM
Steve Hix

In article ,
Marc Heusser alid
wrote:

In article ,
Tim May wrote:

The best quality items are now made offshore. Products actually "made
in America" are usually assembled by ex-cons, or current cons (prison
labor), Mexicans, Haitians, or, in some cases, by inner city negro
welfare cases.

When I buy a product, I look for assembly outside one of the "we be
niggaz" assembly zones. In other words, I look for quality, offshore
assembly.

None of my Macs were built by ******s.

Do you get away with that in the US?
Your language and thinking could get you into trouble over here.

It's annoying, true, but it does let us easily know who the real
moonbats are; indicted out of their own mouths, as it were.

Tim is merely one of the more odious examples.