OT Freeware Partition software

Old November 13th 08, 02:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Default OT Freeware Partition software

I need to repartition a boot drive on an XP Pro laptop. Any suggestions
of freeware to do it?

Thanks,

Tom

Old November 13th 08, 02:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

Tom Scales wrote:
I need to repartition a boot drive on an XP Pro laptop. Any suggestions
of freeware to do it?

Thanks,

Tom

Here you go, Tom. Cute Partition Manager:

http://www.cutepm.com/

.... Ben Myers
Old November 13th 08, 10:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
olfart

check out gParted at http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

Old November 13th 08, 11:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Conversation: OT Freeware Partition software
Subject: OT Freeware Partition software

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Tom Scales wrote:
I need to repartition a boot drive on an XP Pro laptop. Any

suggestions
of freeware to do it?

Thanks,

Tom

Here you go, Tom. Cute Partition Manager:

http://www.cutepm.com/

... Ben Myers

check out gParted at http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

I think I should have been more clear.

I need to NON-DESTRUCTIVELY repartition.

Can't see how either tool does that.

Tom

Old November 13th 08, 02:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Tom Scales wrote:
I need to repartition a boot drive on an XP Pro laptop. Any

suggestions
of freeware to do it?

Thanks,

Tom

Here you go, Tom. Cute Partition Manager:

http://www.cutepm.com/

... Ben Myers

check out gParted at http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

I think I should have been more clear.

I need to NON-DESTRUCTIVELY repartition.

Can't see how either tool does that.

Tom

Tom, I've heard of this one but never used it (I use Acronis) :
http://www.appscout.com/2008/08/ease...structiv_1.php
Old November 13th 08, 03:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Colin Wilson

I need to repartition a boot drive on an XP Pro laptop. Any suggestions
of freeware to do it?

I thought Windows could resize an NTFS drive natively ?!? (system
tools / drive manager at a guess)
Old November 13th 08, 03:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Colin Wilson

I need to repartition a boot drive on an XP Pro laptop. Any suggestions
of freeware to do it?

Ranish Partition Manager has been around for years, never used it
though...

http://www.ranish.com/part/
Old November 13th 08, 03:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Colin Wilson

Ranish Partition Manager has been around for years, never used it
though...
http://www.ranish.com/part/

Ahh, forget that...

"RPM can only create/boot an NTFS partition. No formatting/resizing
can be done through RPM."
Old November 13th 08, 04:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Lake

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote in
message g...
I need to repartition a boot drive on an XP Pro laptop. Any suggestions
of freeware to do it?

I thought Windows could resize an NTFS drive natively ?!? (system
tools / drive manager at a guess)

Vista can. I don't know about XP, though.

Tom Lake

Old November 13th 08, 05:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
I need to repartition a boot drive on an XP Pro laptop. Any suggestions
of freeware to do it?

Thanks,

Tom

I take it you don't have a copy of Partition Magic around - or you wouldn't
have asked. ?