repeating sound problem...

Old September 5th 04, 07:21 PM
Brin

Default repeating sound problem...

Hi all,

I recently got a S.B live 5.1 card, Spealers are in the post as I type.
So at the mo I am still using by 2.1 speakers.

The problem is this..

Every few minutes, wether playing an MP3 CD or game the sound repeats
itself for half a second or so, whatever sound is playing, (This makes a
loud screeachy sort of noise.)

I have checed the web site and I seem to have the latest drivers.

Win XP pro
1600+ Athlon
768Mb ram

Does this sound familier to anyone? (Excuse the pun)

Thanks for any help.

Brin
Old September 6th 04, 09:22 PM
Brin

Brin wrote in
. 201.150:

Hi all,

I recently got a S.B live 5.1 card, Spealers are in the post as I type.
So at the mo I am still using by 2.1 speakers.

The problem is this..

Every few minutes, wether playing an MP3 CD or game the sound repeats
itself for half a second or so, whatever sound is playing, (This makes

loud screeachy sort of noise.)

I have checed the web site and I seem to have the latest drivers.

Win XP pro
1600+ Athlon
768Mb ram

Does this sound familier to anyone? (Excuse the pun)

Thanks for any help.

Brin

The problem is much less frequent now that I have got the proper 5.1
speakers....

Strange!

Brin

Old September 15th 04, 10:57 PM
Brin

Sharanga Dayananda wrote in
:

Brin wrote:
[...]

its via 4in1. I will give it a try.
(I think i have the newest ones though)

Thanks.

Brin
Old September 15th 04, 11:52 PM
D.R.

"Brin" wrote in message
. 240.23...
SNIP
its via 4in1. I will give it a try.

Same thing. Just renamed to Hyperion. Get them at viaarena.com

My friend had weird stuff happen with his soundcard when he installed
DirectX9.0. The sound in games would stutter, big time. It was fixed with
DirectX9.0b.
D.R.

Old September 17th 04, 08:01 PM
Brin

"D.R." D.R. @ NZ wrote in :

"Brin" wrote in message
. 240.23...
SNIP
its via 4in1. I will give it a try.

Same thing. Just renamed to Hyperion. Get them at viaarena.com

My friend had weird stuff happen with his soundcard when he installed
DirectX9.0. The sound in games would stutter, big time. It was fixed

with
DirectX9.0b.
D.R.

Thanks for the reply, I had the newest drivers from Epox (My mobo maker)
but I got the newest ones from Viaarena.com.

The problem still persists

I have just noticed, I have DX9.0a Hmm it has been a while since I
bought any new games!

DX upgrade in progress now.

Brin
Old September 17th 04, 08:24 PM
Brin

Brin wrote in
.205:

"D.R." D.R. @ NZ wrote in
:

"Brin" wrote in message
. 240.23...
SNIP
its via 4in1. I will give it a try.

Same thing. Just renamed to Hyperion. Get them at viaarena.com

My friend had weird stuff happen with his soundcard when he installed
DirectX9.0. The sound in games would stutter, big time. It was fixed

with
DirectX9.0b.
D.R.

Thanks for the reply, I had the newest drivers from Epox (My mobo
maker) but I got the newest ones from Viaarena.com.

The problem still persists

I have just noticed, I have DX9.0a Hmm it has been a while since I
bought any new games!

DX upgrade in progress now.

Brin

ARSE! Just got DX9.0c The problem is still here. When the sound repeats
the computer freezes for about half a second.

Does anyone think it would make a differance if I use Windose 2000 pro
instead of XP? I will keep searching for a few weeks, if I dont find a
solution I will try 2000.

Thanks fpr reading

Brin
Old September 18th 04, 01:34 AM
D.R.

"Brin" wrote in message
. 240.23...
Thanks for the reply, I had the newest drivers from Epox (My mobo
maker) but I got the newest ones from Viaarena.com.

The problem still persists

I have just noticed, I have DX9.0a Hmm it has been a while since I
bought any new games!

DX upgrade in progress now.

Brin

ARSE! Just got DX9.0c The problem is still here. When the sound repeats
the computer freezes for about half a second.

I see you watch "Father Ted"? Or is that a local expression? DRINK!!! :-)

Does anyone think it would make a differance if I use Windose 2000 pro
instead of XP? I will keep searching for a few weeks, if I dont find a
solution I will try 2000.

So many factors to take into consideration...

Could be some resource conflict. Have you tried swapping PCI slots?

Do you have anything else running in the background, eg Virus Checker?

Spyware often makes a PC run like crap. You could try downloading Spybot Search
and Destroy from:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Then Install, Update, Immunise, full scan.

D.R.

Old September 18th 04, 01:15 PM
Brin

"D.R." D.R. @ NZ wrote in :

"Brin" wrote in message
. 240.23...
Thanks for the reply, I had the newest drivers from Epox (My mobo
maker) but I got the newest ones from Viaarena.com.

The problem still persists

I have just noticed, I have DX9.0a Hmm it has been a while since I
bought any new games!

DX upgrade in progress now.

Brin

ARSE! Just got DX9.0c The problem is still here. When the sound
repeats the computer freezes for about half a second.

I see you watch "Father Ted"? Or is that a local expression? DRINK!!!
:-)

Does anyone think it would make a differance if I use Windose 2000
pro instead of XP? I will keep searching for a few weeks, if I dont
find a solution I will try 2000.

So many factors to take into consideration...

Could be some resource conflict. Have you tried swapping PCI slots?

Do you have anything else running in the background, eg Virus Checker?

Spyware often makes a PC run like crap. You could try downloading
Spybot Search and Destroy from:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Then Install, Update, Immunise, full scan.

D.R.

)Father Ted rules.

I have swapped PCI slotts, I have also ran Adaware a few days ago, I will
try spybot as well just to make sure.

I have Norton internet security, and Antivirus running all the time, I
have noticed this slows the pc down, I will try disabeling the virus
checker as well.

I have seen lots of forums which mention IRQ conflicts, I think I have
lots of sharing irq's, but I'm unable to change them. On the device
manager screen there are now exclimation marks or problems reportd.

(Also the Creative adio HQ self test saya all tests passed sucesfully.)

I will post again after more tests.

Thanks again for the reply.

Brin

Old September 18th 04, 04:38 PM
Brin

Brin wrote in
.206:

"D.R." D.R. @ NZ wrote in
:

"Brin" wrote in message
. 240.23...
[...]

oops, That should say there are no exclimation marks or problems
reported.

I have installed updated and ran Spybot, it found a few tracking cookies,
so nothing that would cause a slow down..

I have had the virus protection of for a few hours, the problem sseems
the same, I cant really notice any cause, like disk access or internet
activity, it will make the noise seemingly at Random.

(I have had Xnews downloading almost constantly, I will have to wait for
it to complete before I try more tests)

sound setup problem o-chan Homebuilt PC's 5 February 8th 05 12:10 AM
Capabilities of Realtek ALC655 sound on 7N400Pro2 motherboard Exp315 Gigabyte Motherboards 1 January 24th 04 08:19 PM
PC generating unusual "chirrupy" sound? Coda General Hardware 1 November 20th 03 07:52 PM
Old problem - Sound 4 winmodem Mike Packard Bell Computers 3 November 13th 03 09:40 AM
P4T-E weird sound problem Leo Foederer Asus Motherboards 1 November 9th 03 01:41 PM