Audigy TOSlink Adapter for MiniDisk.

Old April 24th 04, 05:58 PM
Lenny

Default Audigy TOSlink Adapter for MiniDisk.

Any suggestions..

Gooogle is an amazing resource. It can often answer questions such as
these. Try a query such as this one:
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...link+converter

Third link from the top seems to be what you're looking for (it's this one,
in case the results page changes for you):
http://www.minidisc.org/part_Dayton_...converter.html

Now, I didn't follow any of these links to see if they're precisely what you
want, but hey, I can't do EVERYTHING for you! Also, I've been told these
things are pretty easy to build yourself, and Google should be able to offer
some blueprints provided it is fed the right keywords.

Old April 25th 04, 10:35 AM
Lenny

Yes I spent 10 hours doing it and found No Articles at all.

Ten hours doing what? I would think it unlikely you googled for ten hours
and found nothing relevant, unless you didn't use any proper keywords or
such. Hell, I got a link to the device you need on the first page of results
with my first attempt...

Do you know at all how to use a search engine?

Plus Creative uses a None Standard SPdif..

SPDIF is SPDIF, there is no "none standard" SPDIF. Either it is, or it
isn't.
The connector is different, true, but that doesn't matter. Just get yourself
an adaptor plug.

You have to get a Device that made for the SBlive or Audigy sound card..

No, that is not true.

Old April 25th 04, 01:58 PM
Lenny

SPDIF is SPDIF, there is no "none standard" SPDIF. Either it is, or it
isn't.

********.

Uh, LOL!

Explain then how this "none standard" SPDIF actually works just fine when
piped into any piece of equipment that accepts SPDIF input.

I've got my Audigy2 ZS connected to a digital receiver, and it works. All it
needs is a minijack plug in the digital out connector for $5 at most and
that's it. It is the same for the entire SB Live and Audigy(2) series. The
cards output quite normal SPDIF without exception, through a different kind
of connector.

Seems that you do not know a thing I have been using the net since 197x

Uh... Riiight.

First of all, the "net" didn't exist in the 70s, and second... Well, I don't
really need to continue.

Stop making an ass out of yourself and at least pretend to be grateful when
people try to help you. If you're so ****ing smart, how come you had to ask
in the first place, huh?

Old April 25th 04, 06:54 PM
Lenny

Well a lot Smarter than you ..

Smarter? LOL, I'm not the one begging for help due to ineptness and
incompetence when using common internet search engines... Dude, to be quite
frank, you're completely clueless. You ask for help and then you get
obnoxious when it's provided.

You say the SPDIF out on Creative cards is "none standard", but you can't
say how it comes this "none standard" output still works just fine with the
right connector used. You lie and say you've used the internet since the
70s; either you're just making **** up to try and sound important, or you're
a senile, doddering idiot who can't tell fact from fiction. Simply put, you
have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

Congratulations! You managed to be unpleasant while proving your own
stupidity at the same time! Bwaa haa haa, you've been owned, dumbass...

Now, if you still need help, I'll try to provide it IF you ask NICELY. After
all, I have used the net since 1994 or 95, so I know my way around.

Old April 26th 04, 09:16 AM
Lenny

But that just makes you are teenager when compared to me

I'm not a teenager, even 'when compared to you'.

and I have used the net from the days it first started here in NZ

Oh, so it's not since the 70s anymore? LOL, I don't see why anyone should
believe a word you say by now, considering how your story changes over time.

I found stacks of articles doing my none existent searches that the SPdif

in
the SBlive cards were not standard, like not being +/- 0.5 Volt and some
quoting 9v, plus their is the 5V TTL version of SPdif..

Except I actually USE my SPDIF out connector and have found it to be quite
normal in the way it functions, so you should listen to the one with the
experience and expertise (and that would be me by the way). There's nothing
funny with the SPDIF output on Creative's cards. It's SPDIF, period, and it
works just as one would expect to.

Old April 26th 04, 03:33 PM
Lenny

Not from 99% of the search results that I got..

Well I'm telling you I'm actually USING my SPDIF out, so if it's "none
standard" how come it's working?

You're talking outta your butt, pal. It works. Period.

Old April 26th 04, 09:16 PM
Lenny

Into a Sony Minidisk Recorder..?

Minidisc recorders are typically optical, so no, not into a minidisc
recorder (duh).

It will work into anything accepted coax SPDIF though since there's nothing
funny with the signal the card outputs.

Old April 27th 04, 09:16 AM
Lenny

That is what I was posting about..

Which is why I gave you a link to a coax-to-optical converter, at which
point you started all this nonsense about the SPDIF output being "none
standard" (which it isn't).

Old April 28th 04, 03:06 PM
Mark \(UK\)

Woger MKII @wogerbox.co.nz wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:54:47 GMT, "Lenny" wrote:

I found stacks of articles doing my none existent searches that the
SPdif in the SBlive cards were not standard, like not being +/- 0.5
Volt and some quoting 9v, plus their is the 5V TTL version of SPdif..

Yep, 'standard spdif' interfaces expect a 5V amplitude stream, the Live uses
0.5V. Most equipment will be sensitive enough to happily use the signal
anyway, hence why it works with most digital receivers. You'd just have to
hope that this is the case with an optical convertor box. Hoontech make a
basic optical bracket for Live/Audigy which would provide a tidier solution.

Old June 26th 04, 11:14 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

The Live! and the Audigy family have a tripole with 3 paralel tripoles for
getting surround sound (5.1) through to their own speakers and some Denon
receivers. However for recording to a mini-disc recorder an ordinary stereo
cable will do as this will convey the front left and right channels.
Mini-discs can't do more than stereo so it shouldna matter.

Cheers
Sha
Woger MKII @wogerbox.co.nz wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:58:53 GMT, "Lenny" wrote:

Any suggestions..

Gooogle is an amazing resource. It can often answer questions such as
these. Try a query such as this one:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...TF-8&q=coax+op

tical+toslink+converter