What can I do with PC connected to a TV?

Old August 16th 06, 12:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Bobby

Default What can I do with PC connected to a TV?

I recently purchased a Dell LCD TV (it's fabulous). It has superb PC
connectivity (VGA, DVI, PC audio in etc.) so I connected a PC to it. So
I now have a beautiful 37" PC monitor.

But I was wondering what else I could do with my setup? My PC has a TV
tuner and DVD player/writer installed so I know that I can watch TV and
play DVDs - but what else can I do? For example, does anyone know of
good software that I can purchase to take advantage of setup?

Cheers.

Old August 16th 06, 04:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On 16 Aug 2006 04:55:17 -0700, "Bobby"
wrote:

I recently purchased a Dell LCD TV (it's fabulous). It has superb PC
connectivity (VGA, DVI, PC audio in etc.) so I connected a PC to it. So
I now have a beautiful 37" PC monitor.

But I was wondering what else I could do with my setup? My PC has a TV
tuner and DVD player/writer installed so I know that I can watch TV and
play DVDs - but what else can I do? For example, does anyone know of
good software that I can purchase to take advantage of setup?

Cheers.

What else did you _want_ to do with it?

It's just a monitor... nice as it may be. I suppose you
could get Windows Media Center or a similar 3rd party GUI
for multimedia, though entirely unnecessary if you don't sit
really far back (which may be more comfortable, but also
negates the benefit of a larger screen).
Old August 16th 06, 04:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Osiris

wrote:

I recently purchased a Dell LCD TV (it's fabulous). It has superb PC
connectivity (VGA, DVI, PC audio in etc.) so I connected a PC to it. So
I now have a beautiful 37" PC monitor.

But I was wondering what else I could do with my setup? My PC has a TV
tuner and DVD player/writer installed so I know that I can watch TV and
play DVDs - but what else can I do? For example, does anyone know of
good software that I can purchase to take advantage of setup?

Cheers.

Use it as an ornament: put a nice background on and you 'll have the
coolest pic frame on the block... or put a PP Presentation in a
loop...
Old August 17th 06, 10:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~

Bobby wrote:
I recently purchased a Dell LCD TV (it's fabulous). It has superb PC
connectivity (VGA, DVI, PC audio in etc.) so I connected a PC to it.
So I now have a beautiful 37" PC monitor.

But I was wondering what else I could do with my setup? My PC has a TV
tuner and DVD player/writer installed so I know that I can watch TV
and play DVDs - but what else can I do? For example, does anyone know
of good software that I can purchase to take advantage of setup?

You bought a Dell TV??? That's like buying a Sony PC.

Oh, wait a minute...

Gotta go..
--
Shaun.

Old August 17th 06, 01:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

"Bobby" wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently purchased a Dell LCD TV (it's fabulous). It has superb PC
connectivity (VGA, DVI, PC audio in etc.) so I connected a PC to it. So
I now have a beautiful 37" PC monitor.

But I was wondering what else I could do with my setup? My PC has a TV
tuner and DVD player/writer installed so I know that I can watch TV and
play DVDs - but what else can I do? For example, does anyone know of
good software that I can purchase to take advantage of setup?

How about a fish tank screen saver?

Old August 17th 06, 11:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Bazzer Smith

"Bobby" wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently purchased a Dell LCD TV (it's fabulous). It has superb PC
connectivity (VGA, DVI, PC audio in etc.) so I connected a PC to it. So
I now have a beautiful 37" PC monitor.

But I was wondering what else I could do with my setup? My PC has a TV
tuner and DVD player/writer installed so I know that I can watch TV and
play DVDs - but what else can I do? For example, does anyone know of
good software that I can purchase to take advantage of setup?

Have you been able to connect both your monitor and TV up
at the same time so you have a huge desktop, you might need a new video
card.

Cheers.

Old August 19th 06, 05:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
jaster

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 04:55:17 -0700, Bobby thoughtfully wrote:

I recently purchased a Dell LCD TV (it's fabulous). It has superb PC
connectivity (VGA, DVI, PC audio in etc.) so I connected a PC to it. So I
now have a beautiful 37" PC monitor.

But I was wondering what else I could do with my setup? My PC has a TV
tuner and DVD player/writer installed so I know that I can watch TV and
play DVDs - but what else can I do? For example, does anyone know of good
software that I can purchase to take advantage of setup?

Cheers.

I would think you could go for P-I-P watch football on the small pic
while playing Prey on the big pic.
Old August 20th 06, 02:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Poly-poly man

Bobby wrote:

I recently purchased a Dell LCD TV (it's fabulous). It has superb PC
connectivity (VGA, DVI, PC audio in etc.) so I connected a PC to it. So
I now have a beautiful 37" PC monitor.

But I was wondering what else I could do with my setup? My PC has a TV
tuner and DVD player/writer installed so I know that I can watch TV and
play DVDs - but what else can I do? For example, does anyone know of
good software that I can purchase to take advantage of setup?

Cheers.

That would be *AWESOME* for a fish tank screensaver! Get a remote control
hookup, and use it as a TV and everything. A Wireless keyboard and mouse
would be great too.

I'd put linux on the thing and setup a bunch of great things.

poly-p man

Simply put: you can do everythingconnected to a TV as you can normally, but
huge