Which is better?

Old March 14th 04, 11:05 PM
Max

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Max wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
What do benchmarking programs tell you? i.e. sisoft or Aida32. At a
guess i
would say the 280fsb @3.3ghz your only losing like 100mhz fsb but
gaining 300mhz clock speed and 30mhz more fsb which will help gaming.

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:01:18 GMT, "Herr Pie" wrote:

I can run my P4 2.4C on an ABIT IC7 @ 250FSB for 3ghz and 1000mhz
memory speed OR I can run it at 280FSB for 3.3ghz. If I run at
the higher FSB, I have to use a 5:4 multiplier hat reduces the
memory to 896mhz. SO, the quetion is, which is better for mostly
gaming?? I have a 9800Pro. THANKS.

-----
Lee.

I think that if you look ever so carefully you will find that I didn't
mention Benchmarking programs did I ? (not that I have anything
against them).

It appears that you are far too simple to work this out for yourself
so allow me to elaborate.... If assmunch is interested in gaming
performance then I would imagine that benchmarking with something
like UT flyby and Botmatch may do the trick. ( or quake 1 demo1,
demo1.dm2 for q2, torture or blow out test for HL.....you get the
picture ...??)

Glad I could be of assistance.....

I see your point Max but I find 3DMark to be fairly useful in cases like
this, or N Bench. (although it's an AMD proggy, I'm not sure it'll run on
an
Intel) **** Sandra et al.
--
~misfit~

Aye , agreed I do use 3dmark and find it a helpfull tool

max

Old March 14th 04, 11:21 PM
OldFartJAC

You almost wrote a nice answer for once without calling someone a name like
dumbass or assmunch, that wasn't hard was it? Of course you did start out
basically telling him he was simple minded. I don't care how smart a person
thinks they are, you don't have to be demeaning to the person asking the
question, especially if you think your a know it all.

Old March 15th 04, 12:49 AM
Ed Forsythe

Hi OF,
I agree wholeheartedly. There is no need to demean anyone here. Tolerance
is a quality to be admired.
--
Tally Ho!
Ed
newsN55c.24961$BA.1014@fed1read03...

Old March 15th 04, 01:57 AM
Mike Moseng

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:35:20 GMT, Lee
wrote:

What do benchmarking programs tell you?

Well, I must admit I do get a woody! That and Max calling someone an
assmunch make my day!

Old March 15th 04, 03:45 AM
David Maynard

Lee wrote:

What do benchmarking programs tell you? i.e. sisoft or Aida32. At a guess i
would say the 280fsb @3.3ghz your only losing like 100mhz fsb but gaining
300mhz clock speed and 30mhz more fsb which will help gaming.

The amusing thing is they're both about a 10% difference one way or the
other. I.E. 10% more CPU for 10% less FSB.

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:01:18 GMT, "Herr Pie" wrote:

:I can run my P4 2.4C on an ABIT IC7 @ 250FSB for 3ghz and 1000mhz memory
:speed OR I can run it at 280FSB for 3.3ghz. If I run at the higher FSB, I
:have to use a 5:4 multiplier hat reduces the memory to 896mhz. SO, the
:quetion is, which is better for mostly gaming?? I have a 9800Pro. THANKS.
:

-----
Lee.

Old March 15th 04, 04:28 AM
Fishface

Max wrote:
Ps Big Macs come with cheese you thick *******

Ah, smart. Charge everyone for cheese, but don't give a
refund if they order it without. You want fries with that--
or is it chips over there...

Old March 15th 04, 04:45 PM
Max

"David Maynard" wrote in message
Lee wrote:

What do benchmarking programs tell you? i.e. sisoft or Aida32. At a guess
would say the 280fsb @3.3ghz your only losing like 100mhz fsb but gaining
300mhz clock speed and 30mhz more fsb which will help gaming.

The amusing thing is they're both about a 10% difference one way or the
other. I.E. 10% more CPU for 10% less FSB.

-----
Lee.

What in the name of sweet Jesus is amusing about that....

You need to get out more

max

Old March 15th 04, 07:38 PM
Thomas

Max wrote:
What do benchmarking programs tell you? i.e. sisoft or Aida32. At a
guess i
would say the 280fsb @3.3ghz your only losing like 100mhz fsb but
gaining 300mhz clock speed and 30mhz more fsb which will help
gaming.

The amusing thing is they're both about a 10% difference one way or
the other. I.E. 10% more CPU for 10% less FSB.

What in the name of sweet Jesus is amusing about that....

You need to get out more

Hahaha, that one is truly hilarious, it brought tears to my eyes :-D

Thomas

Old March 16th 04, 12:07 PM
David Maynard

Lee wrote:

What do benchmarking programs tell you? i.e. sisoft or Aida32. At a guess
would say the 280fsb @3.3ghz your only losing like 100mhz fsb but gaining
300mhz clock speed and 30mhz more fsb which will help gaming.

The amusing thing is they're both about a 10% difference one way or the
other. I.E. 10% more CPU for 10% less FSB.

-----
Lee.

What in the name of sweet Jesus is amusing about that....

You need to get out more

Well, before we get to that maybe you should tell me where it is you go
to loose the sense of humor so I can avoid those places.

Old March 20th 04, 09:09 PM
Ryan

Lee wrote:

What do benchmarking programs tell you? i.e. sisoft or Aida32. At a
guess i
would say the 280fsb @3.3ghz your only losing like 100mhz fsb but
gaining
300mhz clock speed and 30mhz more fsb which will help gaming.

The amusing thing is they're both about a 10% difference one way or the
other. I.E. 10% more CPU for 10% less FSB.

-----
Lee.

What in the name of sweet Jesus is amusing about that....

You need to get out more

Yeah that was great! Too bad a fool like Max is unable to apprecitate it!
hahahaha

Ryan