HP psc2200 series (2210), Ink settings

Old July 4th 03, 04:50 AM
Bob Headrick

Default HP psc2200 series (2210), Ink settings

wrote in message ...
x-no-archive: yes
I don't have an answer but I just got the same 2210 you have ..and I
didn't know it was primarily a photo printer !!!!! oh no ... I mainly
print txt in B/W and I was wondering the same thing about the color.. I'll
anxiously watch this thread and see if we can set it for B/W only as a
default and then change it if we have to to color!

It is not primarily a photo printer, it just happens to have excellent photo
capability. In its default mode it uses a pigmented black ink cartridge and a
color cartridge. The black cartridge can be replaced with the optional #58
photo cartridge for higher quality, longer lasting photos.

Normal faxes will be printed with the black ink by default (assuming you have
not replaced the black cartridge with the photo cartridge).

To set the default for printing from Windows set the printing preferences
outside of an application. If you set the properties within an application it
will only take effect for that instance of that application in most cases. To
set global default changes do one of the following:

Method 1: if you have a printer icon in the system tray right click on it,
select the appropriate printer from the list (if you have multiple printers
installed) then click on "change default print settings"

Method 2: Click on start, settings, printers, select the appropriate printer,
printer, properties, printing preferences, select the desired defaults, then
apply.

Regards,

Old July 5th 03, 05:49 AM
Kyle Page

thanks a lot bob. did you mean that the faxes come by default in one-cartridge b&W?