first boot - no video, no beeps (D850EMV2)

Old September 13th 03, 06:12 AM
Tom Lucht

Default first boot - no video, no beeps (D850EMV2)

Any suggestions? Board power light is on, fans are on, hard disk
spins a little, but no video signal. I just installed these new
components:

- Board: Intel D850EMV2
- CPU: Intel P4 2.40B
- RAM: 2 x 256mb RIMM
- Video: AGP GeForce2 MX

Thanks,
Tom
Old September 13th 03, 08:49 AM
CJT

Tom Lucht wrote:

Any suggestions? Board power light is on, fans are on, hard disk
spins a little, but no video signal. I just installed these new
components:

- Board: Intel D850EMV2
- CPU: Intel P4 2.40B
- RAM: 2 x 256mb RIMM
- Video: AGP GeForce2 MX

Thanks,
Tom

Any one, or a combination, of those items could be bad.

When I've had that problem, it's usually because I shorted the
board at a mounting screw or didn't seat either the CPU, memory,
or card(s) properly. It could also be a bad bios setting.

Old September 16th 03, 02:34 PM
Janne

Try to set bios jumper to "CONFIGURE" mode. Rapid boot won´t boot
succesfully when hardware configuration is changed. Save settings and
restore jumper to original pos.
However, I have the same prob with mine 850GB + P4/1.5GHz. I just heard
jumper settings could help IF it has booted previously.

om...

Old September 20th 03, 03:53 AM
Tom Lucht

I found the problem: continuity rims (crimms) must be installed in all
unused RIMM slots on board. So I bought two CRIMMs for $5 each,
inserted them into the two empty slots, and now it boots.

Thanks for your help.