A Day Without Smh ...

Old December 6th 04, 06:23 AM
smh

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Noik wrote:
smh wrote:
Noik wrote:

TOC gives the start positions of the tracks on a cd. You may think of
TOC as a table of content of *tracks*. TOC is in the lead-in, preceding
the program/data area where a file system resides. TOC is not the (file
system) directory. TOC absolutely has nothing to do with a (file
system) directory.

You see, if you know what a TOC is, then you know what Mikey spewed
about the TOC being rewritten when files change is an absolute,
unadulterated, cockamamie drivel. It deserves only a "diatribe"
response.

Actually the friggin slimeball is perpetrating a scam on the group with
the use of "TOC", knowing many would assume it synonymous with
directory, but then not quite sure of that as true, though. Many thus
wonder if there's more to it than being merely synonymous. By injecting
the uncertainty and ambiguity, the friggin slimeball is slimily trying
to weasel out of this:

Does DirectCD formatted CD-R have a directory?
If so, does the directory get scrubbed?
(like formatted CD-RW is supposed to be scrubbed)

I'm aware that Mike's answer of "Since it is in RAM" didn't account for
the problems someone was having

From: DeepOne
Date: 7/9/00

Mike Richter (Acraptec ****) splattered (7/3/00):

I've watched the disc write lights on my Plextor drives when
ejecting a DirectCD CD-RW disc, and the drive never does any
writing at that time.

Once, in an attempt to prove this, I wrote a bunch of files to
a DirectCD CD-RW disc. As soon as the write pulses ceased,

I pressed the computer's RESET button.

After the computer restarted, the CD-RW disc was fine, and all
the files I had just written were fully accessible.
=======================================

Not even a month went by from the above:

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 7/26/00

given the vulnerability of the directory, especially in
fixed-length packets

the directory information which is written every time
you change the disc's contents and then eject it.

What a Slimy Friggin SOB!