print on cd dvd label

Old December 2nd 07, 08:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jim[_6_]

Default print on cd dvd label

Do any lazer printers do this?
tnx

Old December 3rd 07, 01:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DanG

"Jim" wrote in message
.. .
Do any lazer printers do this?
tnx

If you're talking about printing stick-on labels, none that I know of (but
they may exist). Of course, sticking a paper label on a disc has never been
a good idea. If you're talking about direct printing onto a disc, then
thermal printing would be the closest thing. Thermal disc printers abound in
all price ranges.

Old December 3rd 07, 03:13 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
JZEE

'Jim[_3_ Wrote:
;772391']Do any lazer printers do this?
tnx

Hey Jim, I used to use both an ink jet printer and a laser printer to
print CDs/DVDs (sorry it was a laser printer at work and I forgot the
model). I gave up printing CDs and DVDs because I was tired of tray
feed problems and less than acceptable results. As you are asking about
a laser printer I assume you are not some kid trying to label bootleg
Britney Spears CDs and you need professional labeling for your discs.
Let me suggest a new labeler that I just got recently. It's called the
DiscPainter and it is the best media labeler I have ever used. Fast,
easy, and best of all no more gimmicky jury rigged disc printing trays!
This is a dedicated disc labeler that really prints out the quality I
need. Check it out on this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irP6q7T8bX8
Hope this helps...

--
JZEE
Old December 3rd 07, 09:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jerry

On Dec 2, 1:21 pm, "Jim" wrote:
Do any lazer printers do this?
tnx

Casio has a direct-on-disc thermal transfer ribbon printer for $60.

http://www.casio.com/products/Label_...rinters/CW-E60

Watch the line wrap in the above URL.

Or, just Google for Casio CW-E60.

Jerry
Old December 3rd 07, 10:29 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Richard Steinfeld[_2_]

Jerry wrote:
On Dec 2, 1:21 pm, "Jim" wrote:
Do any lazer printers do this?
tnx

Casio has a direct-on-disc thermal transfer ribbon printer for $60.

http://www.casio.com/products/Label_...rinters/CW-E60

Watch the line wrap in the above URL.

Or, just Google for Casio CW-E60.

'8 “AA” size batteries'
Well, duh...8 puny undersized batteries to equal 12.8 volts. This is
design that's contemptuous of the customer (D cells would have been more
considerate with their substantially-larger capacity). It's also common
for stupid electronics engineers to design their circuits with no
tolerance for the normal voltage reduction of batteries as they're used,
so the customer has to keep paying to replace perfectly good batteries.
And at 8 pieces per shot, this can turn into big bucks. Well, at least
they include the wall wart. I hate stupid users-be-damned engineers and
product managers with the same mentality.

I'd like to know the cost of the consumables, too. BTW, it seems like a
good idea to me. I'm not a fan of thermal printing due to the waste of
the consumables. Maybe I'm missing something.

Richard
Old December 5th 07, 06:35 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jim[_6_]

"Richard Steinfeld" wrote in
message ...
Jerry wrote:
On Dec 2, 1:21 pm, "Jim" wrote:
Do any lazer printers do this?
tnx

I have the epson r260 that prints on the disk NOT a label to clearify
I was just wondering if there was such a thing in the lazer world.
Sorry I confuzed some
tnx

Old December 5th 07, 07:36 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rob.

Jim wrote:

"Richard Steinfeld" wrote in
message ...

Jerry wrote:

On Dec 2, 1:21 pm, "Jim" wrote:

Do any lazer printers do this?
tnx

I have the epson r260 that prints on the disk NOT a label to clearify
I was just wondering if there was such a thing in the lazer world.
Sorry I confuzed some
tnx

Like you can't wrap cd's around rollers.

Does this answer your question.

Whats wrong with inkjet printers?

Old December 5th 07, 01:07 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DanG

"Jim" wrote in message
.. .

"Richard Steinfeld" wrote in
message ...
Jerry wrote:
On Dec 2, 1:21 pm, "Jim" wrote:
Do any lazer printers do this?
tnx

I have the epson r260 that prints on the disk NOT a label to clearify
I was just wondering if there was such a thing in the lazer world.
Sorry I confuzed some
tnx

As stated before, thermal disc printers are as close as you'll get.
Mono-chrome, but look very good.

Old December 8th 07, 03:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Richard Steinfeld[_2_]

Default apology

Well, my prior post was a bit negative. I've just seen too many absurd,
wasteful thermal printers foisted on unsuspecting naive customers. But
there may be better versions of the technology than I'm familiar with.

Regarding laser digital disk printers: I don't think that you want one.
Your disks are made by a thermal (laser) process. Your laser printer
doesn't heat up the DVD/CD much in transfering the image to it, since
the laser beam is aimed at the drum, not the printed surface. But your
disk will then travel through the fuser to fix the image. Now, guess
what hurts CD/DVDs and you have your answer why the laser process is no
good for printing on burned disks.

Richard
Old December 11th 07, 07:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Dec 5, 8:07 am, "DanG" wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message

As stated before, thermal disc printers are as close as you'll get.
Mono-chrome, but look very good

If monochrome, why not use lightscribe?
What are the pros and cons of thermal printer vs. lightscribe?

Looking for CD label maker Ray Cdr 10 February 13th 07 05:15 PM
Disk Label and Photographic Print scratching and smearing [email protected] Printers 23 September 9th 06 10:30 PM
nero label print problem Gustav Cdr 0 September 13th 05 05:29 PM
Roxio CD Label Creator 5.0 - generic theme will not print cd contents XX Cdr 2 December 7th 03 03:15 AM
Has anyone tried the CD label printers? John Nordquist Cdr 0 July 1st 03 07:48 AM