IBM combines SOI & strained silicon

Old September 9th 03, 03:33 PM
Yousuf Khan

Default IBM combines SOI & strained silicon

IBM Microelectronics has announced that they've found a way to combine
two different manufacturing techniques, silicon-on-insulator and
strained silicon, together into a single complementary process called
SSDOI (strained silicon directly on insulator).

They also announced a second technique for improving electron
mobility, which they call HOT (hybrid orientation technique).

They expect the two manufacturing technologies together to give them a
65% improvement in performance.

Yousuf Khan
Old September 22nd 03, 07:40 AM
ray hartman

YK:

Stretched? Strained? Enough already, YK. We've been there - we've done
that. S*O*I* in fact! Tech razz ranks right-up-there to flakking
burgers at Wendys. Surf's up. What gent wouldn't prefer leisurely
chatting with some smooth_talking brunette hottie behind the bank teller
window, than pushing a faster ATM button?

Yawn. Where's my 6502 when I really need it?

ray hartman
****************

Yousuf Khan wrote:

IBM Microelectronics has announced that they've found a way to combine
two different manufacturing techniques, silicon-on-insulator and
strained silicon, together into a single complementary process called
SSDOI (strained silicon directly on insulator).

They also announced a second technique for improving electron
mobility, which they call HOT (hybrid orientation technique).

They expect the two manufacturing technologies together to give them a
65% improvement in performance.

Yousuf Khan

Silicon Image SATARaid SI-3512 Problems - Drive or Motherboard? Dan Storage (alternative) 1 February 16th 05 03:04 PM
P4G8X - Silicon ATA BIOS Updates James Grove Asus Motherboards 0 February 15th 04 12:00 PM
Old ASUS A7V + Silicon Image PCI Sata Controller problem FuXi Asus Motherboards 2 November 7th 03 08:07 PM
IBM combines SOI & strained silicon Yousuf Khan General 1 September 22nd 03 07:40 AM
8knxp & silicon vs ICH5R Raid Ron Zahavi Gigabyte Motherboards 0 August 19th 03 07:31 PM