Intel D875PBZ Problems!!!!

Old July 20th 03, 06:40 PM
Tony Linguini

Yeah, My PSU is an Enermax EH451VP (E) that's 1.5 years old. I am still
getting a bunch of intermittent weird errors on XP though.
"Martin Schlussas" wrote in message
Tony,

I tried it - but no improvements! Going to change the PSU next days!

Martin

Old July 20th 03, 07:24 PM
Adrian

That's interesting, because the one in the picture is *faster* than
the Auto settings on the 875PBZ's BIOS. The Auto setting on mine (and
others in the newsgroup) is 2.5-3-3-8. The one in the link is
2-3-3-6. Seems odd that setting is faster would cure booting
problems. Anyway...

~ Adrian ~

---
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Old July 21st 03, 04:48 AM
Tony Linguini

GEEZ All I wanted was the fastest hard drive. FWIW I swapped my sound card
and modem (for fax only)in the pci slots and got some more stability.
Removed the pita parallel driver for my USB printer and got some more. My
plans are to boot this sometimes IDE and sometimes SATA, we will see how
that venture goes now.
"Adrian" wrote in message
.. .
They are telling tails about raid- ready functions but do not

explain
that this feature is not possible with the current Bios P08 (no RAID
Option ROM feature)! This is not consumer- friendly - not at all!!!!

This one bothers me the most, as right now I'm running in highly
dangerous RAID 0 mode. Granted, I do have backups, but RAID 1 is why
I bought the board.

Old July 21st 03, 06:46 AM
Andrew & Karina

I have an Antec Truepower 430 (supposedly a top quality unit) , and have
played with the CAS / memory settings to no avail , still have boot
problems. Although I only have 1
hard drive on primary master and NO SATA drives at all.
Andrew

Old July 22nd 03, 01:14 PM
Tony Linguini

Well, I still have periodic crashes. I found a bulleting at Kingston saying
if I have the ram I have with this board and have problems use a different
one sheesh At least my dual boot setup works.

Old July 22nd 03, 06:28 PM
Martin Schlussas

I have changed both memory sticks and the PSU - still the same!!!!! I
believe the whole system (specially the Bios) is unstable! No glorious
chapter for Intel!!

Martin

Old July 23rd 03, 02:40 AM
Andrew & Karina

Lets hope OEM manufacturers are not using this board hey ! , what a
nightmare it would be...........

Old July 23rd 03, 05:20 AM
Adrian

"Andrew & Karina" wrote in
message u...
Lets hope OEM manufacturers are not using this board hey ! , what a
nightmare it would be...........

"Martin Schlussas" wrote in message
I have changed both memory sticks and the PSU - still the

same!!!!! I
believe the whole system (specially the Bios) is unstable! No

glorious
chapter for Intel!!

Why? There's nothing wrong with it, one of the most solid boards
made. You obviously have something set wrong in the BIOS, a faulty
component (GFX PCI, PSU, RAM, etc.), or at worst a bad board. I've
already posted suggestions to help you fix the problem, if you read
it. If the board is that bad, you won't be interested in BIOS P09
just posted today then...

~ Adrian ~

---