Intel D875PBZ Problems!!!!

Old July 16th 03, 02:41 PM
Martin Schlussas

Default Intel D875PBZ Problems!!!!

Hi to all,

I want to address to this forum, because I have some severe
problems with my Intel D875PBZ motherboard! First of all, here all
necessary informations for you:

Mainboard: Intel D875PBZ [AZBZ31804681 AA C26680-204] Bios P08 on
default settings
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.6C
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu
Memory: 2x Corsair CMX256A-3200C2 [XMS 3200 256MB 400MHz]
Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 [ST3120026AS] - SATA
Drive 1: PlexWriter 48/24/48A
Drive 2: Toshiba SD- M1712
Video: Matrox Millenium P650
Monitor: Eizo FlexScan L685
Audio: Terratec EWX 24/96
Powersupply: Fortron FSP 350-60BPN (PF) ATX 2.03 - passive PFC
OS: WindowsXP Pro SP1

And here my problem:

When I boot my PC, it often stops right on showing the Intel screen -
and then stops. That happens mostly, when the PC was shut down over
night (longer period of time). After a reset, same problem. Sometimes,
the OS starts, but mostly after about ten minutes, the system freezes. A
reset doesn't solve the problem, because the system stops again right at
the Intel boot screen.

Only when I switch off the power completely and wait for about half a
minute, the system boots and the OS starts (mostly after several
attempts)!!!!

This scenario happens every day and when I finally reach to get into the
OS for half an hour, the system becomes quite stable! I can boot again
and again and it works fine!! After I realised these problems I tried
different bios versions (P06, P07 and P08), but no improvements. Now,
I'm completely stumped and I don't know how to solve the problem.

Has anybody an idea what is going wrong?

Martin

Old July 17th 03, 12:12 AM
Guess Who

Maybe a power supply problem?

Old July 17th 03, 06:29 AM
Andrew & Karina

I have similar problems as well , and I don't think it's the power supply ,
I've tried an Aopen & a Antec.
I've also tried all versions of Bios . I reckon this board has some major
hiccups somewhere......
hopefully Intel read these forums & might do something about it ?
Andrew

Old July 18th 03, 12:24 AM
Adrian

Mainboard: Intel D875PBZ [AZBZ31804681 AA C26680-204] Bios P08 on
default settings
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.6C
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu
Memory: 2x Corsair CMX256A-3200C2 [XMS 3200 256MB 400MHz]
Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 [ST3120026AS] - SATA
Drive 1: PlexWriter 48/24/48A
Drive 2: Toshiba SD- M1712
Video: Matrox Millenium P650
Monitor: Eizo FlexScan L685
Audio: Terratec EWX 24/96
Powersupply: Fortron FSP 350-60BPN (PF) ATX 2.03 - passive PFC
OS: WindowsXP Pro SP1

Very nice system!

When I boot my PC, it often stops right on showing the Intel

screen -
and then stops. That happens mostly, when the PC was shut down over
night (longer period of time). After a reset, same problem.

Sometimes,
the OS starts, but mostly after about ten minutes, the system

freezes. A
reset doesn't solve the problem, because the system stops again

right at
the Intel boot screen.

You may want to start by turning off the Silent Boot feature, that
will get rid of the blue screen. That way, if there are some error
messages, you'll be able to see them. That freezing sounds like the
RAM is timed too fast. The freezing you get, is the same problem I
used to get when I'd set the RAM to something like 2-2-2-6. If I set
the setting in the BIOS to "Auto", it usually picks 2.5-3-3-8, which
although slower, is stable.

I'd start by "stripping" the system down to the bare essentials, then
diagnose the problem from there. I'd suspect either PSU or RAM, or
custom BIOS settings.

~ Adrian ~

---
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
H. H. Munro (Saki) (1870-1916)

Old July 18th 03, 01:46 PM
chrisv

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:10:11 +0800, "blackgold"
wrote:

Should post to intel and tell them about this.

Nice top post. Moron.

Old July 19th 03, 06:41 PM
ZOD

Very nice system!

Maybe to you....hehe

Old July 19th 03, 10:14 PM
Tony Linguini

Boy, when I read this I thought I was "exempt" from these problems. As I was
building my new rig today, I got the "no boot" as described here. This is
what fixed it for me:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherb.../i875p-17.html

Old July 20th 03, 11:01 AM
Martin Schlussas

Hi,

thank you very much for your answer! I'm very pleased that this forum is
read by Intel officials!! I have sent three mails to Intel support with
all details. They told me to forward it to a special department and that
I will get an answer within two!!!! days. Now, nearly two weeks!!!! have
passed an no answer yet!!
I'm very frustrated, because I decided for Intel in order to get
high-tech together with solid-rock stability!

Nothing than illusions!!!

Whereever you look, the forums a full with complaints regarding
comptability- problems with P875 and memory- settings!
They are telling tails about raid- ready functions but do not explain
that this feature is not possible with the current Bios P08 (no RAID
Option ROM feature)! This is not consumer- friendly - not at all!!!!
Well, I had to get this off my chest - excuses!
But back to my problem! Here some additional information regarding my
memory: I found out that my sticks have different versions, but I don't
know whether this can cause these problems.

Memory: 2x Corsair CMX256A-3200C2 [XMS 3200 256MB 400MHz]

Stick 1: XMS 3202 V. 1.1 [0319014]
Stick 2: XMS 3202 V. 1.2 [0321014]

Bios settings:

Extended Configuration: default
SDRAM Freq.: Auto
SDRAM Timing C.: Auto
CPC Override: Auto
SDRAM RAS Act. to Pre.: 8
SDRAM CAS# Latency: 2,5
SDRAM RAS# to CAS# delay: 3
SDRAM RAS# Precharge: 3

Thank you for your help !!!

Martin

Old July 20th 03, 12:10 PM
Andrew & Karina

What are you suggesting ? Playing around with memory settings ? More
information please !

I agree whole-heartedly with Martin regarding this motherboard & Intel's
support of it.......useless......

Andrew

Old July 20th 03, 03:38 PM
Tony Linguini

No NOT overclocking. If you read that article and a bulletin on Kingston's
site, the automagic ram timing is too fast for the mobo. It was so unstable
until I set mine like the picture in Tom's article.