INCREDIBLE ! I can't tune the FSB step by step on an A7N8X-X !!! ASUS a liar ?

Old August 2nd 03, 03:53 PM
GreatShot

Default INCREDIBLE ! I can't tune the FSB step by step on an A7N8X-X !!! ASUS a liar ?

Hi there !

I have just bought an A7N8X-X-EAY motherboard, because it's an excellent
card (see on the NET)
but I was VERY surprised to see that I can't tune the FSB step by step
(megaHz by magaHz) even if I change the FSB jumper.
so I can't to overclock my new AMD 2600+ with a 512MB PC2700 card
I have only 5 possibilties to change the frequency (100, 133, 166, 200) not
step by step Why ?

on the Box of the motherbord (retail version) it is noticed "ASUS
Value-added features : OVERCLOCKING"
To help you, the serial number is 37MG0255630 POR 90-M7A750-GDEAY
I have flashed the BIOS with the file : C18X1005.BIN - same result

I have seen on the NET some screen shots of this BIOS FSB option with a
megaHz by megaHz check box, not mine !
It's the first time i buy ans ASUS moter bord , I'm disapointed !
My retailer refuse to exchange it with a Soltech Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
sight !

Best regards

Old August 2nd 03, 04:35 PM
AJ

[...]

Yes you can. Poke around a little more. There is another pull down
choice that gives you any number you want. But, unlike with my 2100+,
I'm having little luck since it always reverts to 800Mhz or 1200Mhz on
reboot for some dumb reason. Depends on how it reads the multiplier I
guess. I hope it's since I'm running the old FW 1003.

_________________________
When your PC gives a little they give alot:
http://tinyurl.com/hhez
Old August 2nd 03, 05:13 PM
God

Did you enable the feature in BIOS?

If you don't, you'll only get 100/133/166/200

It's in the manual...

Old August 2nd 03, 07:25 PM
GreatShot

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooops §