P4C800-e Deluxe - turns on for 6 seconds! Then shuts off Help!

Old July 22nd 03, 07:05 AM
smache

Default P4C800-e Deluxe - turns on for 6 seconds! Then shuts off Help!

I just installed the board, antec 430w power supply. Come up with the post
process and then turns off. I cant get it to stay on for more than 6
seconds. Please, any ideas on this?

Intel 3ghz 800mhz FSB CPU
2gb corsair 3500c2 ram 4x512

Thanks for any help!

Old July 22nd 03, 07:23 AM
Alan Deehr

My intel 875 board does this too, but only when the rocker switch on the
power supply has been turned off. Does the board continue to turn itself
off even after you push the momentary switch on the front panel?

Old July 22nd 03, 09:15 AM
SteveH

"smache" wrote in message
I just installed the board, antec 430w power supply. Come up with the

post
process and then turns off. I cant get it to stay on for more than 6
seconds. Please, any ideas on this?

Intel 3ghz 800mhz FSB CPU
2gb corsair 3500c2 ram 4x512

Thanks for any help!

A couple f other possibilities:

1. CPU Fan is a slow speed one and the BIOS is shutting the board down to
protect the CPU (try turning off the fan monitoring in BIOS temporarily)
2. CPU fan plugged into the wrong header

HTH
SteveH

Old July 22nd 03, 10:23 AM
Tim

Have you tinkered with the memory timings to push it up towards the corsair
rated speed?

If so, then clear the cmos and start again, but this time leave the CAS at
2.5 - until you have time at hand...
Note that as you have 4 x modules, memory timing is more critical and CAS
often needs to be increased as more memory sticks are added. Something to do
with fan out.

Failing that, if the problem is in the BIOS / fan / power, you may need to
clear the cmos to get it up again to clear it. This is usually in the m/b
manual...

- Tim

Old July 22nd 03, 01:27 PM
smache

I would try that , but I havent been able to get into the BIOS to do
anything, the system only stay on for 6 seconds

Old July 22nd 03, 01:46 PM
Vic

Is it doing the memory count? Try removing 1gig out.
Good Luck.
Vic
. net...

Old July 22nd 03, 04:22 PM
Dirk Puslich

Could also be a heat issue - make sure your heatsink is making good
contact with the CPU. Also make sure that both motherboard power
connectors are secure.

Old July 22nd 03, 07:01 PM
Mitch_A

Double check that your ATX power switch jumper 2-Pin Pwrbtn (case front
panel bundle to connector on mobo) is on the correct pin and is oriented
correctly (pwr/grnd).

Mitch

Old July 22nd 03, 10:46 PM
Milleron

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:01:11 GMT, "Mitch_A" wrote:

Double check that your ATX power switch jumper 2-Pin Pwrbtn (case front
panel bundle to connector on mobo) is on the correct pin and is oriented
correctly (pwr/grnd).

Mitch

The polarity of LEDs is important. It's not supposed to matter which
way the connector you're talking about is plugged in.

"smache" wrote in message
I just installed the board, antec 430w power supply. Come up with the

post
process and then turns off. I cant get it to stay on for more than 6
seconds. Please, any ideas on this?

Intel 3ghz 800mhz FSB CPU
2gb corsair 3500c2 ram 4x512

Thanks for any help!