Copy audio to HD without gaps?

Old January 27th 04, 10:44 AM
Ray

Default Copy audio to HD without gaps?

This may be a little basic to those who know, but I could use a li'l help

I'd like to copy some of my dance CDs to HDD then to my Zen mp3 jukebox.

Question is, how do I copy the whole cd(s) without leaving a gap between tracks.
My plextor reader automatically finds the end of each track and adds the tiny
gap.
I know its not really a problem, but I'd rather have the seamless flow of the
original cd when played through a regular cd audio player

I have Music match jukebox, nero 6, itunes, creative play centre and WMP.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
Ray

Old January 27th 04, 10:56 AM
Mike Looijmans

Try CD Wave http://www.cdwave.com
Get 1.93 beta, and it grabs a whole CD into a single file, which you can
then split into tracks and convert to MP3 if you like.

Old January 27th 04, 04:09 PM
wamaruna

I'm not sure about the MP3 part, but in Nero 6, there are two areas that can
help. On the Nero Burning ROM screen, there is a check box for eliminating
pauses between tracks. Also, when you load the files list you want to burn,
in the properties box for each song, you can choose the length of pause at
the start of each track. By default it is set to 2 seconds, but you can
change it to zero if you wish. That way you can eliminate the pause between
some songs and not between others.

. ..

Old January 27th 04, 09:18 PM
XPG

Question is, how do I copy the whole cd(s) without leaving a gap between

tracks.

Copying the whole disc to a unique MP3 file.
That's the only way.

MP3 format includes small silences at the start and end of every MP3 track.

Old January 27th 04, 10:51 PM
Ray

Many thanks for all suggestions. I'm working on it
Cheers
Ray :-)

Old January 28th 04, 12:13 AM
XPG

Question is, how do I copy the whole cd(s) without leaving a gap between

tracks.

You need a ripper that can read the whole disc to one file, like Feurio or
EAC...

Old January 28th 04, 07:03 AM
Mike Looijmans

Question is, how do I copy the whole cd(s) without leaving a gap between
tracks.
My plextor reader automatically finds the end of each track and adds the

tiny

Plextools (you should have it, comes with the drive) has an option to read
the whole disc to a single file.

Old January 28th 04, 08:08 AM
Theo

"XPG" wrote in
:

MP3 format includes small silences at the start and end of every MP3
track.

Not always. The problem is that most players do not buffer between tracks
so there will be an audible silence. This is especially true of portable
CD/MP3 players. But Winamp does have a plugin that will overcome this.
Old January 28th 04, 11:47 PM
XPG

Not always.

Almost always.

The problem is that most players do not buffer between tracks
so there will be an audible silence. This is especially true of portable
CD/MP3 players. But Winamp does have a plugin that will overcome this.

Even if there's no buffer problem, most times, MP3 tracks will have silence
inside them...