Panaflow

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 20th 18, 04:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Panaflow

More blades and veins and efficiency. I've original stock specs. I
want better, the good stuff, although taking apart my stock
Coolermaster heatsinks, next physical size up, the amount of
contaminants is and will be considerable. I'm getting a radical
Phenom II temperature difference, remounting, not to ignore
significant cleaning, from the last Intel the Coolermaster serviced.
Short of an alcohol soak and bath, which was properly indicated;- also
have 220V 60gal air compressor that's pretty close to stock
restoration. Same 95 wattage CPU reserve, which is tempting to think
the Intel run the hotter CPU: fully loading down the PhenII in the
background, I'm seeing nowhere near a 45F discrepancy the Intel would
often dissipated at 140F+ across all four cores. (Provided that AMD
"offset scheme" of sensors isn't biting me in the butt.) The fins
around the heatwicks weren't exactly blocked, not more than 15 or 20%,
prior to cleaning them.

Anyway, this fan, the one I'll be looking for, is to update a newer
and hybrid type of class-D "stage" amp, I leave at 2/3rd open volume,
for a mixer boosted from vacuum tubes acting as a buffer between the
mixer outputs and amp(s). Two buffering units, actually, which do a
great job leveling out odd-harmonics, evenly "glassifying" all but
bass, in balancing a "sort-of" a bi-amped setup running in an array of
both 4- and 8-ohm speaker impedances.

The other amp, it was supposed to have exploded its capacitors, into a
white, nasty mess of inner-amp chassis lining. Decades ago, as
opposed blueprints exported to Chinese production facilities for
common two-, three-years operability. Going with stage quality
production may, or not, mean more. How much, though, past a better
fan, the least I can do for the amps sensor support LED readout on the
output, at 45C, may be but a hopeful matter of conjecture.

I've been regularly killing these new generation of things - amps and
EQ units - on a pretty regular basis over the past decade;- A
relatively cheap Behringer mixer being the exception;. . .6J1 tube
buffering units being a relatively new extension, evidently a sole
Chinese engineering offset of interests exposed to Western reserves
and tradition for high-fidelity reproduction.