Shipping Boxes

Old December 27th 04, 11:16 PM
Tim

Default Shipping Boxes

Does anyone know of a good source for PC shipping boxes, packing materials,
etc? I plan to build one for a friend but want to ensure that it's suitably
protected for shipping. Any recommendations? TIA

Old December 27th 04, 11:30 PM
Tim

"JAD" wrote in message

UK? Istanbul? Ireland? U haul UPS store FedEx depo

LOL Sorry. US - east coast to west coast. I've tried UPS and FedEx, I'll
give U Haul a try. Thanks.

Old December 27th 04, 11:39 PM
Dave C.

"Tim" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a good source for PC shipping boxes, packing
materials, etc? I plan to build one for a friend but want to ensure that
it's suitably protected for shipping. Any recommendations? TIA

What's wrong with the box that the case comes in? It's MADE to protect the
computer. But if you don't think that's enough, you could always put that
box in a bigger box, with balled-up newspaper stuffed around it. -Dave

Old December 28th 04, 01:24 PM
Papa

Most metropolitan areas have a few retail outlets that offer this service.
Check the yellow pages. Also there are some online companies, such as
http://www.uline.com/Class_04.asp

Old December 28th 04, 08:07 PM
spodosaurus

Tim wrote:
Does anyone know of a good source for PC shipping boxes, packing materials,
etc? I plan to build one for a friend but want to ensure that it's suitably
protected for shipping. Any recommendations? TIA

The best way I can think of offhand would be to use the box that the
case came in. You also need to think about insuring the computer,
because if they handle it too roughly you're going to get optical and
hard drive failures. Not to mention problems with the heatsink's cpu
contact (especially with a thermal pad that will get disrupted or with
an oversize heatsink).

Cheers,

Ari

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old December 28th 04, 08:19 PM
JAD

The box in which cases come in, are standardized for 'pallet'
shipping and are rated for wieght of contents. They may or may not be
ok in sending a complete system with drives and accessories. Insurance
without a doubt should be purchased.

Old December 30th 04, 07:21 PM
Tim

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions.

Tim

Old January 8th 05, 04:31 PM
Matt

Tim wrote:
Does anyone know of a good source for PC shipping boxes, packing materials,
etc? I plan to build one for a friend but want to ensure that it's suitably
protected for shipping. Any recommendations? TIA

If you buy the packing materials by mail, how will they be packaged?

I want to ship some styrofoam packing peanuts, but I don't know how to
pack them to avoid damage.
Old January 8th 05, 06:12 PM
Michael Hughes

On Monday 27 December 2004 18:16, Tim wrote:

Does anyone know of a good source for PC shipping boxes, packing
materials, etc?

Packing materials are for suckers... Use this method to protect the
components:

http://www.g-news.ch/articles/nhp200nc/

....And use this method to package the kit:

http://www.nbhq.net/box.html
--
Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information
available.

- Benford's Law of Controversy