A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » Homebuilt PC's
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

A legal solution for bitcoin.

Old March 1st 18, 11:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default A legal solution for bitcoin.

English translation (google-translate assisted ):

My fear is that bitcoin will cause global warming and rising electricity costs.

A possible solution for bitcoin is to introduce a law that states that a person can only mine bitcoins with only one or a maximum of 5 computers.

Such a law could then be used to tackle / close large bitcoin mining farms and to promote even the distribution of bitcoin and other crypto currencies / currencies.

An "if you can not beat them then join them approach" but in the spirit as bitcoin was meant ... a bit for everyone.

I think that's a nice solution.

Dutch:

Mijn angst is dat bitcoin gaat zorgen voor opwarming van de aarde en stijgende electriciteits kosten.

Een mogelijke oplossing voor bitcoin is om een wet te introduceren waarin staat dat een persoon met slechts een of maximaal 5 computers bitcoins mag minen.

Zo een wet zou dan gebruikt kunnen worden om grote bitcoin mining farms aan te pakken/te sluiten en om zelfs de verdeling van bitcoin en andere crypto munten/valuta te bevorderen.

Een "if you can't beat em join em approach" maar dan wel in de geest zoals bitcoin was bedoeld... een beetje voor iedereen.

Best een mooie oplossing denk ik zo.

Doei,
Skybuck.
Old March 2nd 18, 11:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default A legal solution for bitcoin.

(Directly writing in english to state the perceived problem/worry more clearly):

My worry is based on exponentially increase of hash rate.

This seems a clear indication that more and more computation power and thus devices and thus energy is consumed.

However some devices may be very energy efficient (asic) than again others are not (gpu).

The number of users has also grown exponential, yet most users do not own many bitcoins, this is another indication that most of the hash rate growth is from big mining farms.

These will eventually become richer and then expand their operation, this has me worried.

Most companies don't buy air conditioners at an exponential rate so that comparision doesn't fly.

So I have more clearly stated the problem in this new text.

Bye,
Skybuck.